Maritime Museum

Always respected enthusiastic people. It's nice to see how someone devotes all his spare time and energy to his favorite occupation, achieving visible and tangible results. Extremely interesting museum! Here exposition filled some lightness, dynamics and volume. The museum is housed in an old hangar for ships. The museum is unusual and that is also used as a shipyard. In the hangar for 10 years built a copy of the first Russian warship "Saint Peter».

On this ship in 1693 went even Peter I. build ships all the same friends, united by love to the sea, to the country and to each other. Than they reminded me of the monastic staff, as they work on a pro bono basis.

As I learned from a museum, a boat could be built in less than 10 years, but the process is deliberately not force - he was too interesting and a lot of fun. Shipbuilders are going to Solovki from all over the country, and the construction of "St. Peter" unites and enriches them spiritually.

By the way, the boat will sail and diesel, equipped with all modern technical means. It will be used "Northern Maritime Partnership" for scientific research in the northern seas. Shortly after my departure from Solovki her into the water and began to experience, but the mast is not yet established. With the mast and sails it will look much prettier.

Chetyrnadtsatimetrovaya mast of laminated veneer lumber. Looks scale.

But back to the museum. This is the entrance to the museum. Instead of the usual steps - similar sea gangway, accurate harbinger of interesting content.

At the entrance to the museum hangs a bell - the ship's bell. I called, and immediately next to me there was a girl guide. It turns out that bell for hanging and that would cause the guide. Colorful!

Visiting exposition held under very pleasant music. Shipbuilders, I think, just as pleasant to work under these sounds.
A separate section of the exhibition is devoted to the new "Saint Peter". You can see near, from which is made lining, mast and other parts of the vessel. Very interesting! Along the perimeter of the museum are hung large photographs depicting the stages of construction of the vessel.

Even in the museum found a small art exhibition - also on an island theme. Very organically fit, in my opinion.

Right from the museum, you can send a postcard with a brand stamp on the "mainland". A fun and pleasant service.

Beautiful work of art - the card with the most important ways of Russian Maritime, carved in wood.

Source: ru-travel.livejournal.com

Tags

See also

New and interesting