Discreet Hero

March 10, 1995, during the assault Bamut, reconnaissance platoon under the command of Sergeant Blarneyskogo broke into a house where militants detained children for a "human shield." Gunmen opened fire dagger to recover the hostages, and Blarneysky decided to bear children out of the fire.

Platoon Blarneyskogo then saved eighteen children, eight of them made a sergeant himself. The men carried the children in his arms, shielding them with his body; other way to save them was not simple. Under heavy fire of the soldiers were killed one by one, but to save the children. All the children survived, the eldest girl, Tanya Blank, was slightly wounded in the leg.

Being wounded, Blarneysky went back to the seriously wounded soldier. Leading machine-gun fire and restraining militants, he lasted until the arrival of reinforcements - the vanguard of 879 men ODSHB who threw the enemy.

The story of Tatiana Blank, daughter of kindergarten teacher who was with the children:

"... We were near the barn, which burned in full, and it was hot. Around was a roar, all cried. Soldiers fired. From time to time one of the soldiers grabbed the boy or girl and fled, firing on the move. I raised her head and saw him give the child another soldier, and he went and came back firing on all fours ...

It happened that the soldier fell, and then another would pick up the child and ran ...

We are becoming less and suddenly I was alone. I thought that I was thrown, but then someone grabbed my strong arms. I screamed, frightened, and then recognized him. He was one of those men who always ran away and came back crawling. He grabbed my hand and said that his name was Sergeant and that if we want to have time to school tomorrow, you'll have to run a little bit ...

He ran, wagging back and forth, clutching me to her with one hand. Second hand he fired a machine gun, a little turning back. Sometimes Sergeant oddly whole body shuddered and coughed, but still ran forward ...

We had quite a bit to the rock when he jerked back very muffled coughed and fell to one knee ...

His hand gripped me very much, I was hurt. But he got up again and telling me that stepped on a hedgehog slowly ran forward. I looked at his face, it becomes white and white and her lips too, and from his mouth was bleeding ...

And he still ran forward ... I thought then that his hands carries me God ...

For the stones we just dropped and rolled. I grabbed my mother. I'm crying and I could not calm down. Sergeant coughed all the time, then took off his body armor and gave us, it was soaked in blood, and he rolled over rocks and crawled back to the barn. There is in full swing shooting, but now only shot there. My mother shouted to him that he did not go there, because he was hurt, and he said that there is a cigarette on the table forgot ...

I saw how he touched her neck lying on the ground soldier, then he took off his body armor, helmet and took his gun. And he began to shoot. My mother and I began to calm children, they cried and then ran up to us men in black uniforms.

Our. Some ran, firing in the direction where the burned our barn and someone fired, and some stay with us. The body armor sergeant they showed me six dents from bullets that vest and kept a small hole where not keep ...

We then flew by helicopter, and my mother told me that a sergeant named Daniel, and he will come to me in the school on September 1 with flowers ... ยป

Of the twenty-seven members of the platoon left four. Twenty-three soldiers were killed, saving the lives of children. For the feat Daniel Blarneysky was promoted to the rank of the Hero of Russia, but did not get it. Due to injuries sustained during a battle in the village of Bamut in the late spring of 1995, Daniel Blarneysky the reserve from the ranks of the Armed Forces with the rank of Staff Sergeant.

For an unprecedented heroism in the performance of military duty during the operation in Bamut, by decree of the President of the Russian Federation of March 26, 1995 Daniel Blarneysky Kemalovich awarded the Order of Courage.

All the fighters were awarded. Almost all - posthumously. Private Chekletsov which Blarneysky ruled out of bullets, died of his wounds in the hospital two days later.

The sergeant and now lives near us. Obscure people, an ordinary citizen of the country.

Tags

See also

New and interesting