I began to notice that my mother-in-law was withering in front of my eyes, I had to take her to our house, but I did not even think what problems it would turn out to be.

Life philosophy Our average person is actually quite simple. Well, the truth, if you do not go into the far wilds, it is, first of all, providing comfort in your family and the normal upbringing of your own children. Everything else is optional, but the basis must be followed. Self-development, career advancement and other aspirations are great, but are they worth sacrificing the most basic family values? This is the lot of hungry artists and wandering musicians.

On the other hand, new relatives who appear after the wedding are always a lottery. Whatever your partner's character is, it doesn't save you the chance to find troublesome, troubled relatives. I wish I could think otherwise. Young couples experience discomfort in the first years of life together. Often it turns out that they need to “get lost” not only among themselves, but also with other relatives. And it happens that this task is not at all easy.

When my husband and I passed half a table, we decided to move with him to live in the countryside. Why not, the only daughter got married and settled down. We were both tired of living in the city, and we wanted to live a simple life without worrying about noise, garbage and exhaust. We decided to live like our parents did. Only in a house with good heating, electricity and Internet. They sold their property and moved out of town. Which, in principle, I do not regret.

I thought that the most difficult part of rural life for us would be life. Water needs to be carried from the well, housekeeping, including a bird, a vegetable garden and we also got some goats. There wouldn’t have been enough time and energy for a cow, although I managed to make cheese out of goat’s milk, which I’m honestly still proud of. A private house is not an apartment for you. Somehow magically, it's always in need of repair. Nothing special, just makeup. But now, living in it, I understand why private homes die so quickly when they are abandoned. A concrete box in a high-rise building is much more practical in this regard.

My husband and I were pretty quick. He found himself some part-time job on the spot, and I was in charge of preparing all sorts of spins and preservation. You know, we always have something to spare. I do not consider myself a “Plushkin”, but from the presence of all sorts of cans and rattles in the cellar, the heart is filled with joy. Everything is done with love, with your own hands. Sometimes I don’t even want to open anything. It is better to buy food in the city supermarket, and let the home stay “for later”.

And it so happened that some time ago my mother-in-law, Natalia Grigorievna, began to feel bad. It was in the spring. Trees bloom and mother-in-law withers. The strength wasn't just watching. It is understandable, the woman she is aged, raised three children, life passed. She has always lived in the countryside. Not under the same conditions as her son and I did. That’s why we decided to take her for a while. Until he gets better. I personally did not see any disadvantages at first: we have a lot of places, my husband can easily go out by car to the city for medicines. You need to help someone her age. That's great!

I had a little tinkering: she is an old-school person, stubborn in places. She did not want to move, although it was obvious that she did not keep anything at home. One of her friends lived at the other end of the village, and we tried to help her with food before that. That's a philosophy of life. But after a while the mother-in-law stopped resisting and we took her to our house. It's a nice, bright room. Everything's ready for the arrival. My husband’s mother was not used to complaining about anything, which she always liked.

A month and a half or two later, a miracle happened. The old woman began to feel much better, she had an interest in life. She even began to help me with the housework and, wonderfully, never pressed with authority. She and I became even closer, and she gave me advice whenever she could. But unobtrusively and, in general, respected me as the wife of her son. I wish everyone such mother-in-law, here, with my hand on my heart.

However, I would not write here if everything was 100% only good and wonderful. And the problems started. But not with my mother-in-law, but with my husband's brother and sister. They are used to visiting their mother from time to time. Talk about life, ask about health. All that stuff. And my husband was happy. But at some point it went too far. My sister came first. With a husband and a young child. They even brought some gifts. But they stayed for 10 days.

And for some reason, they decided that their arrival was an eternal holiday in which our whole house was supposed to participate. This is the philosophy of life for people! And if my mother-in-law ate like a bird, then her relatives did not restrain themselves at all. Every evening our table was full of food and, in general, the atmosphere was, as they say, with a pomp. People were having fun, dancing, not denying themselves anything. I'm not very used to this, and a week and a half of partying - this is no joke.

After leaving, my husband’s relatives took with them a bunch of products that I even had to hide sometimes. But what if I treated it like a personal collection? But no, I had to give some part to the “child” was happy. Yeah, little kids love stew!

My husband's brother came next. Although he and his wife stayed only a few days, I remember their presence with an abundance of alcohol and noisy behavior. I'm not used to telling my husband not to do anything. He's been a grown man for a long time. But with his brother, he turned into a screaming "inadequate." And yes, of course, as a snack again suffered my favorite twists. Moreover, they left even faster than before. And I had to sit in her room with a satisfied mother-in-law and listen to stories about how her sons were tomboys in the past. It was as if I'd never noticed it.

After saying goodbye and giving the guests the remnants of my reserves for the future, my husband promised that now he would be the most obedient spouse and all his free time from now on belongs to me. But what am I, a meger? You can't get it back. The guests, of course, could have been calmer. And be humble. Oh, come on. But now I have a new problem. I wrote to my daughter and asked if my father and I would mind if in a couple of weeks she and her son-in-law and grandson came to visit us for a while. Can I say no to my daughter? Of course not! But what to put on the table?

We'll probably have to go to the city and buy groceries in bulk, and throw everything in the cellar. It would be a shame if we didn’t meet her and her family. The philosophy of life is to help the family. My mother-in-law is shy now, says she didn't think it would turn out this way. And that it was in vain that she had not thrown out the delayed guests before. But I don't blame her. Who is to blame for this situation? Probably nobody. It's just that sometimes a tacit consent can come out of your way. I don't know how to be harsh with people. Not the right character. I hope my daughter likes it, we won't embarrass ourselves in front of our own child.

Tags

See also

New and interesting