Modern children do not like winter, but Soviet babies could hardly be driven off the street.

I watch how children ride from the slide, and I envy: they have ice caps of different configurations, snowboards, tubings, all sorts of sleds and skis. We could only dream of that in our time. One thing is sad: there is not enough snow! Unfortunately, winters are not the same as when we were kids. Then in the village snowdrifts to the waist.

Today's edition. "Site" She shares pleasant memories from her childhood.

I remember when the snow fell, I ran into the yard and waited for the neighbors to walk out. If no one looked out for a long time, friends had to be called out loud because mobile phones didn’t exist at the time. We would gather a few people, grab sleds and head to the end of the street, where usually children ride off the slide.

The hill served us as an ordinary rolled rural road. Since transportation on the way was extremely rare, we did not interfere with anyone. And due to the fact that our area is hilly, you could race with the breeze in every alley. We were forced home because we only voluntarily returned when it was dark. On the porch, they shook off the sticky ice, and then at the stove they undressed and hung their clothes to dry until the morning.

Teenagers were not lazy to pour steep elevations with water. They built ice-high-speed bends and drove along them on a maple, on cardboard, on a car camera, on their feet or just on the fifth point. Wide snow-capped gardens were great for laying skis. To make extreme jumps, daredevils built homemade jumps. Not all skis survived until spring.

With the onset of persistent frosts, the pond in the center of the village turned into a huge skating rink. The children slid on it in ordinary shoes, because the skates were in great shortage and expensive. Hockey was the most popular game among guys. Since not everyone had clubs, the boys ran on the ice with wooden sticks in their hands. But the puck was real!

Instagram Children managed to turn into a skating rink all the paths in the schoolyard. As soon as the cleaners noticed that the students were running on briefcases from the doorstep of the school to the gate, immediately all the paths were sprinkled with sand or ash. High school students were scolded and warned repeatedly that it was not safe to entertain in this way. But only one slippery slope was covered with ash, as another was formed next to it. What else could they do at the change? Gadgets, the Internet and social networks appeared much later, and then students often played with peers and frolic in the fresh air.

Now the kids use all sorts of fashionable devices, and we had only sleds, and then not everyone. So we sat on them two or three at the same time and flew merrily down. Everyone liked to ride a “train”, tying a couple of sleds in a row. The whole company could fit in there. It was inconvenient to manage such a “train”, so everything ended with the cart turning over, and the “passengers” with a ringing laugh rolled into a snowdrift.

Even in winter, the children walked for several hours at a time. They were actively running and jumping, which often made them thirsty. This problem was solved elementary: ate snowflakes, chewed icicles - and quenched their thirst. No one had a sore throat and few had a cold. I don’t recommend it now, because there is no confidence in the environment.

Snow is getting smaller every year, and if it falls, it will melt a week later. Today there are so many new “techniques” for winter fun, and there is nowhere to use it. So they replace tablets with laptops of friends and live communication with people. Something has to be done about it! Am I right?

Tags

See also

New and interesting