Before the holidays, I decided to arrange a general cleaning, when I came to the dresser, I found an old man's scarf there, how many memories there are in it.

It is considered a good sign on the eve of the holiday to remove unnecessary junk from the house. Since free time is always limited, I wanted to prepare for Christmas in advance. The first thing I decided to do was free the overcrowded dresser and started pulling its contents onto the bed. At the very bottom, I found a men's winter scarf red. Perhaps it is high time to throw it away, but the hand does not rise: I keep this thing as a memory of my father.

Instagram Today editorial office "Site" I'm going to plunge into a pleasant nostalgia with you.

This man's winter scarf once belonged to my dad. His mother gave him a surprise for his birthday and presented him with a warm thing that every man in the Soviet Union dreamed of. It is difficult to imagine with what difficulty she managed to “get” such a fashionable at that time accessory of imported production. Now such models are not worn, but then I could not even imagine my parent without a mohair scarf.

Instagram I gently stroked the pile and touched my cheek to the scarf. He's still as warm and not as prickly as I thought he was when I was a kid. Perhaps my father's unshaven stubble was pricking at the time, and I blamed everything on wool. I remember my dad picking me up on a walk and asking if I was cold. Merry-talking feet, I shook my head negatively and intended to break out of his arms. But my father only pressed me closer to my wide chest and tried to warm me with his warmth. For a second it faded that the wool still retains the faint aroma of Dad's cologne. I had a wave of memories. It was like I was a little carefree girl again.

Imagination involuntarily began to restore the image of the native person. My dad always seemed like the strongest and most beautiful uncle I knew. Although in appearance, he was not much different from most fathers, because in the recent past, men could not boast of a large variety of outfits. In the cold season, Soviet popes looked typical: a coat with a detached collar, muskrat hat-forming and an invariable Indian scarf on the chest. To recognize a relative in the crowd, you had to look at the faces, because there was often confusion with clothes.

However, sometimes on the street you could see natural fur coats, tans and mink hats. Expensive scarcity clothes were worn mainly by wealthy officials and directors, because ordinary citizens could not afford it. Colorful men's winter scarves - the only thing that united the stronger sex in Soviet times.

The color scheme of woollen products was animated by narrow stripes that sometimes contrasted with the main tone. There were no intricate oriental patterns on the scarves because they were originally intended for men. But since women also wanted to be beautiful, they began to try on warm things for themselves. It turned out that the ladies mohair also looks great. Even today, some elderly fashionistas can find a couple of bright scarves of the old sample. Fashion is cyclical and it is likely that these things will come in handy again.

I would sit gently ironing a fluffy scarf for a long time if I wasn't disturbed by a cat. She apparently noticed with what tenderness I clinged to the “alien” pile and was jealous. My favorite jumped into my lap and put her head under my palm. Having received his portion of caresses, the satisfied Murka stretched on a pillow. Meanwhile, I carefully folded the men's winter scarf and put it back in the drawer. I hope he's still good. I can always throw out a good thing. What do you think?

Tags

See also

New and interesting