Before I got married, my father invited me to a bar, and then I learned one unpleasant truth about our family.

And you know, How's Mom's girlfriend's son doing?? That's right, always better than you. It so happened that many women, in order to motivate their children, come up with some fabulous peers who are doing everything perfectly. Did you get a B? And here's Aunt Sveta's son. You got your license? But the son of Lyubasha has long been on the "Merce" drives, at least a year and a half younger than you. Well, and so on. Anyone who's been in contact knows.

In fact, this approach, of course, can not motivate much. It is rather annoying and makes you doubt your own abilities and abilities. But this old method worked when people were very different. Now the psychology of young people works very differently. Support is needed for motivation... For some of the older generation, however, things remained the same. What's it like to hook up with a baby? He'll grow up weak. It is better to push a little more - for sure he will become an academic.

As a child, my parents seriously wanted to make me the best version of themselves. I'm not kidding, I remember that time with trembling. While I was in high school, after school I had almost no free time. Constantly there were some circles, additional lessons in languages, physics, mathematics. Programming for fifth graders. Now I understand how crazy this is, but as a child I had no choice but to attend such classes while my friends were walking or chasing the ball.

To consolidate “success,” my father often set me up as an example of a boy whose parents were friends with mine. He studied well and was a phenomenal athlete. They never said anything about him. In short, perfect. But already in class eight, I reasonably assumed that these conversations were just another parental hoax. They probably tell him the same thing about me. And when we met in person, I was able to see for myself. The meeting was accidental, but judging by his name and his father's interest, it made sense to me.

I never saw that guy again, and I stopped thinking about him. By then, I had grown up and wasn’t taking the things my mom and dad were trying to plant. But even though I graduated from the institute, the name Vadim often popped up in conversations in our house. And most often it was his father who used it, although his mother was annoyed. I didn't pay attention, it was like a family joke to me. Like a proverb or an expression.

It was only before my marriage that my dad revealed this secret to me. He invited me to a bar because by his standards I was old enough to talk on the same level. We sat down at the table and ordered more. The atmosphere was warm and my parent floated a bit. It was clear that he had been thinking for a long time and finally wanted to say something important. It was a very different subject, so his story came as a shock to me.

It turned out to be “perfect” and “perfect.” Vadim is my half-brother. Yeah, just like Dad. My parents didn’t want to make things complicated and introduce us officially, but now that I was about to get married, I was honored. He's a normal guy, just like me. Not a child prodigy, nothing. But the fact that he was my brother put me off for a while. After our meetings with my father, I thought for a long time, should I get closer to him or should I leave everything as it is?

But Marina, my fiancée, advised me to leave this thought for another time. Really, where could Vadim have gone? This is the most important day of our lives and love. This should be the most important thing! So I followed her advice and just chose to think about something else. The wedding, by the way, went well. No bitch, no hitch. My wife and I moved into a separate apartment, I went about my business and only occasionally remembered what my father told me.

Then I took the time to talk to my parents and we had a good conversation. Overall, there was nothing like that in that situation. Well, my dad was married twice. Vadim was a son from his first marriage, that's the whole story. They agreed with his first wife amicably. She did not want the boy to communicate with his father, as it could interfere with their relationship with the new husband. Only a father often remembered his first child and wanted us both to be the best at what we did.

I decided that I could do without new relatives, especially since I myself had things to do. Work, household chores, life in general. I am used to being an only child in the family. Who knows what kind of man he is, this Vadim? I had enough friends without him. My wife was very supportive, even if I changed my mind. And I just decided to turn this page without going back to it in the future.

Two years later, I became a father myself. Marina and I had a daughter who my grandparents loved very much. But there was one problem. Dad, as he got older, it was like he wasn't himself. He could have been unsociable for a period, a day or two. It was like a wave. But after that, he walked away completely. Now he could not communicate with his mother for a week. Without telling her anything, just locking yourself in and spending free time in front of the TV.

It was during one of these occasions that my wife and I visited my parents. Mom quickly set the table and went to play with her granddaughter. My wife helped, and I went to my father's room. He sat there alone, in a robe, and it was clear from his appearance that he was not ready for the arrival of guests. At least morally. Word for word, we started fighting over something. I didn't want any scandals, but my father always knew how to make a scene. He's a professional at that.

When the table was set and we were called to sit down, the pope wanted to speak. It turned out that he had long been gnawing at the question of Vadim, my half-brother. It doesn't matter what was decided with his mother, the guy was wrong, according to the dad. That's why my father wants to inherit it so that everything is fair. Half of our family home needs to be rewritten. Period. Dad didn't want to say anything else. I was silent and we spent the rest of the evening as if nothing had happened.

But now that my dad has hired a lawyer to get everything legal, I'm starting to have my own doubts. Is it normal, their family does not fit me into any wills? Anyway, this Vadim never lived here. Now he's got to get half? What joy?

Although Marina calms me down, they say that she can still change a hundred times, I personally am not sure of this. It turns out that my son, not my mom's, but my dad's friend, took half of my house. I only saw him once. I still can't believe it. But I can't change anything. You just have to endure and keep living like it’s normal. Or if I don’t, at one “beautiful” moment.

Tags

See also

New and interesting