Ever since my beloved uncle taught me how to brake like this, I've been saving a lot on fuel and car repairs.

When I first started driving, my uncle promised to teach me some secrets. He had a long driving experience, so he knew how to protect car parts from wear and tear. So when the practical part of the training started every night, my uncle would ride with me and teach. Thanks to these lessons, I learned a lot of useful things in driving, which will not be taught in any course, and only an experienced driver knows them.

For example, one of these secrets is proper braking. It turns out when brakeThe main thing is to feel the car properly. During operation of the car the most used parts are brakes and engine. And in order to save fuel, every driver must learn how to brake the engine. What is this braking and how to apply it? We'll talk about that today.

Braking the engine is not a complex technological process. The main condition is to feel the car. It's that the car starts to brake when you slowly take your foot off the gas pedal and switch to low speed.

Experts advise using this method of braking to reduce traces of vehicle operation. In this way, the parts remain in working condition longer and do not need to be changed longer.

Most often, if we need to brake, we just press the brake pedal. If you do this all the time abruptly and suddenly, it can lead to engine failure. To avoid this, every driver should learn to brake the engine. This method will not only keep the engine in good condition longer, but will also save fuel.

The engine braking method allows the car to automatically smoothly and controllably slow down. If you have an automatic transmission, then this method is also suitable for you. In this case, you need to smoothly release the gas pedal and the car itself will switch to lower gear and begin to slow down.

Often this method of engine braking experienced drivers use when descending from a mountain. When the car goes down, it takes more effort to brake it. If you use the method of braking the brake pedal, you can quickly overheat the system and lose control of the car.

The engine braking method prevents this problem. This method also reduces damage to car parts. The method of braking the brake pedal is best used for emergency braking and when braking when wet or slippery.

For the car to last longer, remember some more mandatory rules. First of all, be attentive to your car and watch its serviceability. Do not go on the road if the car is damaged.

Be sure to visit the station for the prevention of the car. Any problem is better to anticipate than long-term and expensive repairs. And you use the engine braking method. Share your driving secrets in the comments.

Tags

See also

New and interesting