All my life I lived with my mother, while my sister arranged her life, and now it has turned against me.

In sisterly relationships, things don’t always go smoothly. There are disagreements, disputes and even conflicts. Especially in childhood, this is, shall we say, commonplace. One sister The other or just wants more attention. For parents, this means only one thing: the time has come for education.

With age, conflicts often subside. They are replaced by a strong friendship of adults or, at least, normal family relations. However, there are cases not so unambiguous. Somewhere there are childhood injuries and over time they sometimes come out. This creates new conflicts and misunderstandings.

As a child, my sister and I often quarreled. She's four years younger than me, so her parents were almost always on her side. Especially Mom. At school it became a little easier: there were no parents, and other children understood me and always judged Julia for her arrogance and arrogance. There wasn’t a day when she didn’t make fun of my appearance or squirm around.

The thing is, I have a big birthmark on my face. My father always said that it even suited me and that I was actually very beautiful. My mom and sister were just giggling behind their backs. So when my father died, you can imagine how I felt.

Then, when Julia grew up, she very quickly had a whole horde of suitors. We lived in a village that was now part of it because of the expansion of the city. But then, believe me, there was no infrastructure and even people behaved exactly as the village was supposed to. So her sister got married at the age of 18 and quickly moved to another family’s house. I was just happy about it.

Peels To me, of course, no one beat the wedge. I already had time to accept my appearance and did not particularly grieve because of the absent cavaliers. My dream was to move out of my parents’ house and try my luck somewhere else. Maybe in another city. If you are lucky, it will be in another country. But those dreams were not to come true.

My mother, who was on the side of my younger sister all my childhood, suddenly began to feel very bad. She said I had to be there for her during this difficult time. I'm her daughter anyway. And she, for her part, pledges to leave the house and the house to me alone. After all, Julia has a very successful marriage, a wealthy husband, and for her, this house means almost nothing financially.

There were no other options, so I had to agree. I got a job nearby, in the evenings just cooking for the two of us and listening to my mother's complaints about life and health. I thought that in a year or two I would go somewhere anyway, but in the meantime I would see what options are available. But life just laughed at my plans.

I haven't gone anywhere in 5 or 10 years. I stayed with my mother, who was getting better and worse. The state paid her some kind of pension, and I was like an errand. Personal life did not work either. As my sister got pregnant and pregnant, I swapped one short-term, non-binding romance for another. My nephews almost openly called me nothing but “old maid” and “aunt spot”. Who taught them that?

And now that I'm 53 years old and I've paid for the wake in full since my mother left, my sister has made herself known again. Her eldest daughter gets married, like Julia herself, at 18. But he and his fiancé have nowhere to live. Amazingly, her husband has always been so rich. Anyway, Julia is going to settle them with me, because now I also live in the city, and even in a relatively nice, private house.

Suddenly, there was no direct indication in my mother’s will that her house was fully owned by me. So Julia has every right to claim her half of the house and land. I wasted my life for nothing. These are the pies.

I also recently met a man, a widower. He asked me to marry him and I wouldn’t mind. But I could not live with him: he lives with his father, who is seriously ill. I don’t want to be a nurse for the second time. On the other hand, we could live with the two of us. If not for the younger sister and her eternal meanness.

I told Victor about my relationship with her and he said he would try to help me settle the real estate problem. He has a lawyer he knows who can challenge our mother's inheritance. Maybe if it works out, I can finally start the life I always wanted.

I don’t have bad habits and physically feel very good, certainly not at my age. Who knows, maybe I'll be able to experience the happiness of motherhood? But I will definitely love my children equally and not treat them as free employees. You can be sure of that.

Tags

See also

New and interesting