The Soviet elite never ordered Olivier in a restaurant, only this salad.

Salads of the USSR They were always distinguished by a special originality and the most unexpected combination of ingredients, which at first glance did not quite harmonize with each other. Since the choice of products in stores left much to be desired, salads in the USSR were always cooked with fiction and imagination. Useful such gastronomic masterpieces, generously seasoned with mayonnaise, no one could call, but their taste was amazing!

New items first appeared and prepared in restaurants, but then their recipes hostess borrowed and adapted for themselves. Soviet salads had almost everything you could find in the refrigerator. Olivier and “Herring under a coat” are still popular. But at the time, there was another very common salad that was undeservedly forgotten about, its name "Laura."

Recently, Tatiana called me and told me that my beloved grandmother is planning an anniversary. To congratulate the dear old lady will come her friends from a distant youth. My girlfriend couldn’t think of a way to surprise her grandmother and the gathered guests, so that it would become an unexpected surprise and a memory from the past. Tanya asked for advice and was very worried that the celebration liked the elderly. I tried to calm my friend down, and we had a little conversation about our birthday.

When I heard what I was talking about, my mother joined us. We discussed the menu for the festive dinner on speakerphone for a long time, and she suggested preparing Soviet salads, which were in demand in those years. Among the dishes voiced by the mother was listed salad "Laura". Tatiana asked what Laura we were talking about, and I stared at my mother with a misunderstanding.

How? Have you ever heard of Laura salad? It was prepared by all our grandmothers. My mother told us in detail how to make a salad, how to serve it, and how her mother-in-law, my grandmother, loved it at one time.

Want to remember the taste of Laura salad? Write down the recipe!

The ingredients
  • 650g fresh mushrooms
  • 3 chicken eggs
  • 250g ham
  • 3 pickled cucumbers of medium size
  • 250g white cabbage
  • 50g dill greens
  • 200g sauce (mixture of mayonnaise with 1 tsp mustard)
  • 1 pinch of salt
  • chili
  • lean-oil

Preparation
  1. Chicken eggs hard-boiled, chilled and cut in long stripes. The mushrooms are shredded, giving them the shape of a straw, and then roasted in a hot pan with the addition of vegetable oil to a ruddy color. Finished mushrooms need to be cooled.

2. Stick the fresh cabbage thinly. Hard cabbage of late varieties is desirable to crumple a little with your hands. Smoked meat and pickled cucumbers are cut with a thin straw.

3. Grind the greens with a knife. Take a large plate, put crushed foods in it and add sauce to them. Then mix all the products thoroughly. Add the spices to your liking.
  4. Cooked salad should be allowed to brew in the refrigerator for an hour. Put the salad in a beautiful dish, decorate with greens at your discretion and serve on the table!

Salads of the USSR Dishes are better to fill with homemade mayonnaise, and instead of ordinary mustard, you can take a tablespoon of French (in grains).

Two days later, Tatiana called and thanked us for our advice and support. She boasted that the holiday was a success, and her grandmother was just happy when she and her friends remembered their former youth.

Try to make a salad "Laura", perhaps it will diversify your holiday menu. Everything new is the well-forgotten old.

Tags

See also

New and interesting