The old seller of meat grinders in the flea market told what you need to do to make any meat scroll without problems

In the kitchen every year there are more and more modern devices and devices designed to facilitate the work of the hostess. I will not list them, because I am not friends with many and prefer to cook most dishes in the old-fashioned way. I had meat grinder (manual), and it suited me. Changed the knife, seal, cleaned, polished - and "chews" everything!

But my husband decided to give me a gift and bought an electric grinder. On my objections that I prefer the manual, my husband offered to arrange a competition and specially bought 2 kg of fresh pork spatula. We split the pork evenly, but I secretly picked out smaller pieces of meat and put it on a plate closer to the old one. How the experiment ended, read on.

My husband and I took the time and started. My husband even gave me a head start. But while I was scrolling through my meat slide, the electric meat grinder had already grinded everything! How old is she? I was defeated, so I sincerely thanked my husband for the gift. But I didn't want to throw out the hand grinder.

The new technique served faithfully for a long time, but then I began to “get out” and I began to resort to the help of a hand grinder. My husband caught me doing this once. “What are you doing?” he asked.

I laid out to him all the complaints about household appliances: the veins are constantly winding, the meat is stuck in pieces, and the mince does not pass through the net. The husband promised to see what he could do with her this weekend. Since he had sharpened the knife and net in an electric meat grinder recently, he knew that they were not the problem.

My husband is not a fan of repairing various household appliances, but once promised - I had to keep my word. Especially since there is not much to disassemble in the meat grinder. It turned out that the plastic sleeve was worn out, a backlash was formed, the auger during operation shifts slightly back and the knife does not fit perfectly to the grille. In the resulting gap, meat is stuffed, and the meat grinder ceases to work efficiently.

Solution to the problem: “Something needs to be done!” I'll go look for the puck! - summed up the homegrown master. He picked up the part by size and put the puck on the back on the auger. Gathered all the parts together, played with the grille and decided to add another seal before installing the knife. Now all the details fit tightly together. My husband winked at me, “Should we test?” and took a piece of meat out of the fridge. - I really want a cutlet!

The electric grinder worked perfectly and didn’t wind anything! As a token of gratitude, I prepared patties for my beloved spouse, and I promised to make pigeons from the remaining mince tomorrow.

After reading reviews on the Internet, I found out that many housewives faced similar problems. But, fortunately, even an inexperienced person can eliminate this malfunction. Old meat grinders can have major problems. It's blunting knives. Get rid of this drawback is simple: sharpen well old knives yourself or ask a familiar master. As well as mechanical washing of parts and seals.

Ways to solve problems with a sealer on an old meat grinder
  1. Replace the worn seal with a new one.
  2. Select the size and put the puck (grover).

3. You can adapt a small strong spring instead of a sealer.
  4. You can cut a millimeter or two threads in the front and adjust the parts to fit tightly.

Our meat grinder continues, only periodically the husband sharpens the knives and checks how tightly fit the cutting elements. So do not rush to buy a new electric meat grinder: try to restore the old one first!

Tags

See also

New and interesting