Strange treats that Soviet children ate secretly from their parents

In the era of all kinds of gadgets, the Internet and computer games, children are increasingly attracted to the virtual world, in which communication is limited to social networks and chats, rather than general active games in the yard or in the wasteland behind the house. In addition, now the stores are full of all sorts of toys (thanks China!), and the guys have no question what to do at home in their free time. They are less and less drawn to the street, so children grow physically weak and get sick more than they do. Soviet children.

Soviet children had good immunity and grew up hardened because they spent a lot of time outside. At home, they were bored: no one showed cartoons all day long, there was no place to download movies, toys - one or two and got screwed.

The kids had fun in their own way. For example, in the summer they used to bathe in a pond or lake until they turned blue, and after flooding with river water, happy people returned home. Football was played throughout the yard, both boys and girls. They invented all sorts of throwing tools, bows and slingshots from branches. And the shells were different pebbles and unripe apples.

An exciting occupation is to smear your palm with PVA glue, and then, when it dries, rip it off like a film. Children of the Soviet Union built huts and huts from improvised means, and then organized feasts and ate sandwiches brought from the house or foot food with dirty hands.

Also in winter, the guys skated off the slide, who would come up with what: not only sleds, but also pieces of gluten, briefcases, used wheel cameras were used. Snowmen were made of snow, fortresses and castles were built, snowballs were played.

If there was ice, there was a whole hockey team in the yard. And nothing that without skates and with sticks in his hands - the excitement was no less than on the court! There was a special quest in the cold - to touch the tongue to the railing or crossbar. But not everyone has, if you know what I mean.

In addition, children loved to experiment with sulfur, carbide, nitrate and everything that could be mined. Since there were no snacks and crackers, the children tasted everything they thought they could taste.

Until now, nostalgia for the soul takes when I remember delicacies from Soviet childhood. My favorites. lollipop. To make them, in an old tin, the sugar was heated until it melted. It was brought to a brown color, and then, inserting a match or stick into it, allowed to freeze. What were the cockerels worth?

Unripe fruits and berries were consumed in huge quantities, although adults scolded for it, but no one listened to them. Available substance – wood resin (or glue, as we said) fruit trees. The taste is not disputed, but the most delicious was in cherries or cherries. We looked at the trees in the garden, and there was lunch!

The fruits of not quite edible trees and shrubs were also used. This is hawthorn, rosehip, red ash and kaline. The main thing is not to choke on a bone, and it is desirable to clean the fuzzy inside of the rosehip.

An exotic treat. formic acid. It was obtained by sticking a stick into an infested anthill, which before the procedure had to be moistened with saliva: the ants felt a foreign smell, perceived it as a threat and shot at the stick with their acid, scaring off the enemy. Take the stick out, dessert's ready!

Free ice cream. snow. It helped well when I was thirsty, and it was lazy to run home. And my throat rarely hurt! The children also tried the taste of chalk. Gudron was used instead of gum. To raise the temperature and not go to school, they ate a pencil for drawing. However, the temperature did not rise, only the tongue was gray.

That was my childhood in the USSR, happy and not so good. But there was no time to miss and remember something. You can't tell the kids!

Tags

See also

New and interesting