The plumber whispered something and came back with a bottle, a trick to weigh in gold

Vinegar cleans everything! I was able to make sure of this when I started the general cleaning and looked into the drain tank. I wash the toilet every week, but this, perhaps the most unattractive part, I rarely touch. And in vain, because dirt accumulates quickly, and it is usually very difficult to wash it.

But now I'm not afraid of plaque, or rust, or any other dirt. Coupled with vinegar, I deal with any contamination in the drain tank for one or two. Exactly how I do this, I tell in detail later in the article.

Before cleaning, you need to remove the lid from the drain tank. In modern models of toilets, as a rule, you first need to spin the drain button, pull it out, and only then remove the lid. What you see under it is unlikely to please you.

I live in a rented apartment and in the past 2 years I have never cleaned a drain tank inside. It is a shame, of course, but it is never too late to correct this mistake. Various dirt is collected on the walls of the tank. It can be both lime plaque and rust.

Removing the lid and horrified by what I saw, the next step I blocked the tap responsible for supplying water to the tank. This should be done so that the water stops collecting after draining. I drained the water and armed myself with a bottle. 9 percent table vinegarWhich you can buy at every grocery store.

Then I put a spray gun in the bottle. Such sprayers are sold in any store with household accessories. With the help of a sprayer, you need to spray the upper part of the drain tank, where the water level ends. There could be pollution there, too.

Then you need to put on gloves, moisten paper towels in vinegar and coat them with the top of the tank around the perimeter. Next, pour all the contents of the bottle with vinegar into the toilet and add the hottest water from the tap, filling the entire tank to the pollution line. The water temperature is about 40-50 degrees. Pour more water is not worth it, it will just start to drain into the toilet with vinegar. We don't need this!

The process of cleaning the tank from dirt Next, the tank should be given one hour to rest. During this time, vinegar and dirt will be well acquainted. If you haven’t washed a drain tank in a long time, vinegar can be given more time to clean. After an hour, it is time to start mechanical cleaning of the tank. For this, it is most convenient to use long-hander (for example, for the bathroom), as well as an old toothbrush for processing hard-to-reach places.

Without draining water with vinegar into the toilet, you should thoroughly clean all surfaces with brushes. How long it takes depends on the level of contamination. Then the water must be drained and again walk through the insides of the tank with brushes or a hard sponge.

Let me tell you right away: the tank will no longer be perfectly white. However, you will be able to remove a significant layer of dirt. Then you need to turn the water supply into the tank and drain it several times.

If you have the chance, Bite in the tank can be poured throughout the night. Then you can clean up all the old dirt faster and better. If you do this procedure regularly from the moment you buy a toilet, inside the tank can really remain white forever.

But let’s be honest: few people want to do this. That is why vinegar comes to the rescue, which cleans everything. I found out about this life hack on the YouTube page “Tips for Home”. I share a link to this wonderful channel, where you can find a lot of useful videos on various household topics.

For example, there you will learn how to effortlessly clean the grilles on the gas tile or wash the window sill from yellow spots. I also talked about the latter, though. Useful material on this topic you will find on the link.

Tags

See also

New and interesting