A troubled mother at 62 married a businessman, stopped communicating with me and my grandchildren

Lena’s mother used to say, “A woman’s cunning determines how happy she will be.” The heroine was unaware of this wisdom because she never understood her mother and her way of life. And if before the girl was not involved in this, now it directly affects her. Why Lena no longer wants to communicate with her mother, read more in the article.

My mother once kicked my father out of the house because he earned little money. Then, of course, they reconciled. But Dad left anyway. Living with my mother under the same roof is a challenge.

Really, I always felt sorry for her. There was something in her that she was not of this world. She didn’t like to work, but she spent money left and right as if she was making millions. While we lived together, we made ends meet. Dad paid alimony, and mom spent it mostly on herself. And then I graduated from high school and moved to the metropolitan dorm just to not live with my mother.

Mom was 42 when she fell in love again. Her chosen one was a rich man. And it seemed to be perfect. But there's one little nuance. This guy was married and he also has two children. He's 15 years older than my mother and, as you can see, he wasn't going to divorce.

My mother had an affair with this man for 20 years. She boasted that there was no one wiser than her. Like, his wife cooks, cleans, and she is exempt from all this. “I was made for love and others for work,” she said.

I listened to her with disgust. But, stupid, she kept helping her. Giving money for repairs in the apartment, helped with the purchase of a car. By then, I was already married and working for a good IT company. I felt that I could not refuse my mother because she gave me life. I owe her.

The story of a bad mother, how wrong I was! Anyway, her husband's wife is retired. And he immediately called my mother to marry. She moved into his country house and started renting out her apartment. My mother almost stopped communicating with me. If we used to go on vacation together (I took my mother with me), now she does not need my help.

Money flows because her husband, though old, is actively engaged in business. My mother became a full-fledged hostess in that house. He does not even ask about his grandchildren. This year, she forgot to congratulate them on their birthdays, let alone presents. But with the grandchildren of this man is worn like a written torpedo. I am very sad that my mother needs money from everyone.

I don’t deserve to be treated like that because I’ve done so much for her in my life. And now she's just ignoring me. I suspect the inheritance can be forgotten. To be honest, I thought my mom’s apartment would be mine. I almost paid for all the repairs there, bought new equipment and furniture. And now this good is used by lodgers whom I have never even seen in the eye.

I tried to talk to my mom about my feelings and feelings. And she starts manipulating, "Don't you want mommy to be happy?" But she seems to have forgotten how she used to keep saying that a woman’s cunning determines how happy she will be. Is all this pathos just a farce and nothing more? It hurts me that my mother doesn’t need me.

Life Wisdom: What does this story teach us? Blood ties do not guarantee that relatives will appreciate and respect you. Unfortunately, even the most seemingly close person can be a complete stranger to you. It is sad that in the case of Lena, such a person was her own mother. But it’s even sadder that the girl didn’t realize it before and let her use her for so many years.

I wonder if you'd stop talking to your mom if you were Lena?

Tags

See also

New and interesting