A good friend from Lithuania shared a recipe for sauerkraut, for 10 years I cook only like this

Many years ago I went to Lithuania. I just wanted to see the country. Then I met the wonderful woman Emilia. We became good friends and visited each other from time to time. On one of those visits, my friend taught me how to stew cabbage. So I learned what sauerkraut with garlic is in Lithuanian.

This is not a traditional Lithuanian recipe. But that's the name he used in our house. It's been over 10 years since then, and that's the only way I eat cabbage. Editorial "Site" shares a proven recipe.

Sauerkraut with Garlic Ingredients
  • 2kg cabbage
  • 4 carrots
  • 6 cloves of garlic
  • 2 tbsp salt
  • 2 tbsp sugar
  • 1 liter of water

Preparation
  1. From this amount of ingredients, a three-liter jar of sauerkraut is obtained. Such cans are inconvenient to store in the refrigerator, so I make two cans of 1.5 liters. So let's get to the process.

2. First of all, we need to curl the cabbage. You can use a knife or a special grater.

Peels
  3. Wash the carrots and peel them, and then rub them on a large grater.

4. Take room temperature water and dissolve salt in it. Put peeled cloves of garlic at the bottom of the can. Before that, slightly press them with the flat side of the knife to let the juice. Garlic will enhance the aroma and taste.

5. Now fill the jar alternately with cabbage and carrots. Fill it up. Then pour water and salt. Place each jar in a bowl, cover the top with gauze and leave it warm for a day. After a day, pour sugar into cans, prick the cabbage with swords and leave it for another day. After that, the cabbage is ready! You can clean the refrigerator with the covers.

Cabbage can be eaten immediately. I also add olive oil to make sauerkraut with garlic open better. You can also chop fresh greens if it grows on the windowsill. It can also be stewed or even cooked with amazing soup! I have been using this recipe for over 10 years. It would seem nothing unusual. However, its beauty is that there is no vinegar, everything is natural. And it comes out incredibly crispy and juicy. I hope you appreciate this recipe!

Tags

See also

New and interesting