A Mother Teaches a Grown Daughter to Make Spaghetti Without Realizing It Makes Things Worse

The relationship between parents and children is an eternal problem. It often happens that some do not understand others. Especially if parents have been absent from their children’s lives for a long time. It was in this situation that the heroine of our history found herself. Today our story is about a mother and daughter, who after years of separation can not find a common language.

Editorial "Site" She shares this story with you and counts on your wise advice.

Mom flew into the kitchen, took a pot of spaghetti from my hands with shouts: “Who makes spaghetti like that?” I'm going to show you how to do that. I have lived in Italy for 25 years. And I look at what she's doing with that pasta, and I realize that neither husband nor son is going to eat that. This situation briefly describes my life in the last six months.

My mom left to work when I was 7. She left me to her mom. My grandmother raised me in love and care, although she was strict. But she taught me everything I know. And she was teaching me how to make the pasta that my family likes so much now. It's been 25 years.

After all these years, my mother decided to go home. She moved in temporarily, but it took six months. And over the last six months, she's been trying to fix things in my house. In Italy, she worked in a wealthy family. There she ran the household and was engaged in the upbringing of children. Because he thinks he knows everything about it. Except I have my rules at home.

I can't say I don't love my mom. No, I really do. I am very grateful to her for helping me with my education and the first installment. But in those six months, I realized that we were strangers. And it really hurts me when she starts teaching me. The time to teach me is long gone.

She's also trying to ban my son and tell him how to behave. He nods his head and then asks why Grandma talks to him like that. My mother is offended that my son calls my mother-in-law and shares the news, but does not tell her anything. What should I tell her? Of course, he calls his mother-in-law, because she was with him since childhood. He only saw my mother on a smartphone screen.

While my mother was abroad, I thought we had a good relationship. It was convenient to talk to her on the phone and then return to her normal life. But these six months have shown that this is not the case. I don't know her, I don't understand her habits. Because she's mine. But living in our house, she doesn't even try to understand us. It's much more important for her to tell us how to live the right way.

I am saddened by this realization. Mom is also constantly sad and sighs that she would already have something to think, somewhere settled. He said he could go back to the village. And then he just looks at me with hope. She thinks I'll suggest she stay with us forever. But I can't live under the same roof with her. It's a challenge for me. How do I tell her that? I may be wrong, but I hope many will understand.

A very sad story about a mother and daughter who became strangers to each other. Not surprisingly, it has been a long time. Only that time can never be returned. We need to find ways to make everyone comfortable. And if the daughter life with her mother brings discomfort, you need to talk about it directly. What do you think of this situation?

Tags

See also

New and interesting