How to stop writing extra letters in words

Russian is one of the most important lessons in school. You can be bad at physics or biology, but what everyone really needs is literacy. Statistics show that literate people are much more successful than others. Correct presentation of thoughts disposes and creates the impression of an intelligent, erudite person.

We were texting a friend about going to the barber. While typing a message, I thought, how is it right: “I cut my hair” or “I cut my hair”? It is good that nowadays most messengers support auto-replacement. But there is nothing more reliable than your own head, and the editorial board is special for you. "Site" 8 words that are most often attributed to lettering.

Working on mistakes
  1. Re-tubing — Pertubing
    The word comes from the Latin perturbatio and means a sudden revolution in something. Another variant of the meaning of the word is possible - a change in the path of a celestial body under the influence of the force of attraction of other bodies. But there's not much change in the spelling rules yet, so Let’s write correctly – perturbation without the second "e."

2. Incident - Incident
    The word began to be used in Russia at the end of the XIX century. "Incident" came into our language from French (incident). An incident is understood as an incident or incident of a negative nature. For some reason, many people like to attribute another “n” to this word, and sometimes use the letter “e” instead of “and”. The correct way to spell the word is an incident.

3. Supported - Used
    Nowadays, no one is ashamed to buy things that were used. This is a modern trend – conscious consumption of products. But apparently, grammar is still not in fashion, as many spell the word incorrectly. Used is a participle formed from the verb “to hold”, that is, a certain thing that has already been used. It can be anything: clothes, laptop, phone, car or wheelchair. The correct version of writing is used.

4. Draw - Draw
    The verb “to draw” is used to mean “to draw water”. In a broader sense, the word means “getting something,” such as knowledge. A variant with the letter “d” has the right to exist, but only if it is used literally and means “to scoop up a little”. Information on the correct By writing this word, you can draw from this article.

5. Distribution - Distribution
    According to Google statistics, on request “distribution” more than 20 thousand impressions per month. And about 10,000 on request for "distribution." A third of the people who searched were wrong. All because of the word "distributor", which is written with a soft sign. The process itself means the distribution or step-by-step method of promoting the product and It is written correctly without a soft sign – distribution.

6. orangutan - orangutan
    The orangutan or orangutan is a large ape. You can relax and not try to remember the last time you wrote this word. Both options are considered correct.. Residents of the area where the monkey lives, seeing the terrible giant, shouted the phrase “Orang Hutan”, which means “man of the forest”. In the second variant, the letter “g” was glued to the wrong pronunciation of the name of the animal, and this variant of spelling is extremely rare.

7. Newans - Nuances
    Another “guest” from France. In French, the word came from Latin (nudus), which translates as “naked”. The word means a hue, a barely noticeable transition in color, sound, and a subtle perception of something. important The nuance of writing a word is such that it is written without a soft sign., and nothing else.

8. Get a haircut, get a haircut.
    Back to my message to a friend. How to describe a visit to the barber? Actually, these Verbs are synonymous, and we can use both. The only difference is that "cutting" means "cutting, shortening hair." You can cut someone’s hair or cut yourself. The option “cut” – “cut with scissors or a typewriter” – is written in the case when something needs to be shortened, trimmed. It all depends on the goals: to make a new haircut - get a haircut, and if you cut your bangs a little, then it is more appropriate to use the verb "cut".

Now you'll spell these words correctly if you have to. The ability to correctly express thoughts is useful in everything: at work, in school, just in communication with loved ones. Teachers will be proud of you - years after school you don't forget speech-writing. Good luck!

Tags

See also

New and interesting