When I turned 18, my parents packed up my belongings and told me that I would now live separately.

Adulthood of the child A special event in the lives of parents. Many still believe that at this turning point, their child must self-identify and decide how to live. And some even send their son or daughter on a free voyage. But can a very young and inexperienced person be fully responsible for himself? We offer to speculate about this on the example of the real story of one girl.

My parents expected my adulthood even more than I did. It was like they were preparing me for something important. I honestly thought they wanted to give me something big. Something that will serve me for years to come. But it was different.

When I turned 18, my parents told me that I would now live separately. They packed my things and kicked me out of the house. Shock! At first I thought it was a joke, because I had never lived by myself and had no idea how to live. I didn't even cook for myself. But mom and dad weren't kidding.

When I asked how to pay for a rented apartment, they said, “We paid for the first few months.” During this time, you will have time to find a job and make a plan of action. It's okay, daughter, you're an adult, you can do it! We believe in you!

I was hysterical all night. I didn’t understand why I should do this to me, and especially what I should do next. Now I am in the first year of pedagogical university. I chose a distance to pursue design courses in parallel. I tried to get there and there. Everything was fine until my birthday.

I don’t even know how I’m going to study and work. Speaking of which, that. Where will they take me?! Very young, without experience, with people communicate on three. Should we go to McDonald's? I've got a friend from college working there, like, pretty good. But then what?

To pay for the rent of an apartment, communal and groceries, you need an impressive amount of money. Even if I'm taken to some kind of dormitory, I doubt I'll have enough. Do my parents think that in a couple of months I will find a dream job where I will be paid millions?

I'm desperate! The friends are in shock, saying they will help if needed. But I can't keep fighting. Maybe you can forget about school. When do you do it when you have to work constantly? I did not think that my adulthood would divide my life into before and after.

Only very naive or arrogant parents can kick an 18-year-old child out of the house. Let's face it. It is impossible to work and study well at the same time. When a student’s focus is shifted to making money, they simply won’t be able to spend the same amount of time and energy studying.

I know a lot of former students who had to work to pay for their education. As a result, they just dropped out of university. What is the point of such an education?

It seems that the parents of the heroine of the story seriously think that she is superhuman. After all, this is the only way to get on your feet in a couple of months and not earn yourself some kind of disorder. Not to mention physical health.

Since the announcement of the parental decision, the girl is under stress. He will certainly accompany her further. Not every adult will cope with this, let alone an 18-year-old child. Yes, the child, because, apparently, the parents took care of the heroine. And now, according to their logic, she can do everything herself. It's just stupid!

Is it possible that parents want their daughter to find a husband and get married? It is only desirable that the chosen one was older and richer. Then the poor man won't have to work, will he?

And the parents of the heroine did not think that their unexpected decision would cast doubt on further communication with her daughter. A close connection with her will probably disappear. This is not surprising, because the girl can no longer trust them.

What do you think of this story? Do you consider the adulthood of a child an excuse to throw him out of the house and send him to free swimming? Share your thoughts in the comments!

Tags

See also

New and interesting