How to clean a cast-iron pan: the best way to update a pan

Cast-iron dishes, probably, are in every house, but not everyone uses such dishes now, but in vain. I also used to have two cast iron pans that I got from my grandmother. I hesitated to throw them away for a long time, but when I realized that I could not cope with a thick layer of sodium from 20 years ago, I had to say goodbye to these dishes. Now I regret it, because I recently learned how to clean a cast-iron pan from old fat in an hour.

A good frying pan with non-stick coating costs space money. When you see an alternative in the store, cheaper than 3 times, it seems that this is a bargain purchase. When you come home, you are happy to cook without butter. But a month or two passes, and the pan ceases to be non-stick. Scrambled eggs, potatoes, meat - everything sticks to the pan as if it were native.

By the way, even if you wash immediately after cooking the pan, you can notice that during cooking, spots and leaks appear on the dishes, which are very poorly washed off. The same story with cast iron, only cast iron, unlike fashionable pans, is beautiful 20 years after purchase.

I tried more than one tool to clean the pan from old fat: soda, vinegar, nuclear chemistry for cleaning ovens and stoves - nothing. All methods require a lot of time and physical effort, and even if you apply brute male power, the pan is not so easy to clean. But there is a method that is suitable for almost all dishes that do not have a special coating inside.

To clean dishes from outdated fat can be used flushing. This is a chemical to remove several layers of paint, varnish and primer from different products. Paint washing is sold in construction stores. It costs a penny, but it lasts a long time. Washing the paint can be in the form of a spray, gel or liquid. Also separate flushing for products made of different materials, we will need flushing for metal products.

Before work, take care of the safety of the airways, eyes and skin of the hands. Wear safety glasses, a respirator and gloves. Cover the surface on which you will clean the pan, gluten or a large package cut on the sides. The package must be such that the pan is placed on one part and completely covered by the second part of the package.

Apply the washing of the paint on the inside and outside of the pan. If the wash is gel, distribute it with a brush on the surface. For the flush to work well, you need to work at room temperature. And the solution can be slightly heated, putting it in a container with warm water. After applying the flush, cover the pan with a film and leave for 30-60 minutes.

After an hour, the fat will completely dissolve, the layer of contamination can be removed with a spatula, then wipe inside and outside the pan with a cloth. After the main cleaning, small dark inclusions may remain, which can be removed using a metal sponge. Wash the pan with dishwashing fluid, then dry the pan.

Cast iron pans should be wiped with vegetable oil and heated on a stove or in the oven for several minutes. So the metal will be protected from corrosion, and the food will not stick to the pan. If the food still sticks, repeat the procedure.

A brilliant way to clean the pan from sofa was proposed by the author of the GARAGE 55 channel. The master confidently shows the cleaning process, which is similar to magic. Is it possible to achieve this in an hour? Make sure.

about:blank

Editorial Board There are very good remedies for charcoal. If you have a favorite assistant who copes with everything except the coar in the pan, try heating the pan and pouring the remedy on the contamination site. Give the drug 5-10 minutes to undergo a chemical reaction. I'm sure you'll be surprised by the result. Heating the pan enhances the effect of household chemicals.

Tags

See also

New and interesting