Classmates laughed at a boy from a poor family, but 10 years later the abusers opened their mouths when he came to a high school reunion

We live in a world where material well-being plays a key role in our lives. After all, literally everything depends on wealth: comfort, nutrition, appearance, health, leisure. Naturally, at some point it becomes a reason for bragging or envy. Depending on who has more money in their wallet.

In Igor’s case, the path to financial independence began long before he graduated from school. It reminded him of those days when he was a graduate.

Peels Material Well-Being Alumni Meeting When former classmates gathered in the hall, roll call began. A few people did not show up, but it was expected - not everyone likes such events. Igor did not regret that he went to the meeting. After all, he was genuinely interested in seeing his former comrades and foes. And compare them to the people he once remembered.

Peels Igor was not very good at school. Rather, he did not like the local society, which prevented him from studying. This applies to both students and teachers together with the management of the educational institution. As a teenager, Igor set himself a clear goal - to study, go on a budget and find a job that could pull him and his family out of the financial bottom.

In middle school, Igor became one of those students who were laughed at, but in the case of a test, they tearfully begged for help. He helped and endured ridicule. His family was the poorest of the entire class. Igor always wore worn clothes, his parents never gave money for school, and the lack of gadgets only confirmed the theory that Igor was a loser.

But without exception, everyone recognized his mind. Igor was not a simple nerd, although he had the best marks. In addition to studying, he read many different books, which, however, added more fuel to the fire of ridicule. Where does he read so much when he has nothing to wear? Must be hard without a phone? And the pencil must have been in first grade.

Material well-being of a person - Igor, tell us about yourself! - gave him the word the president of the class. She remembered Igor well and the reasons why he was mocked for a long time. To his disappointment, Igor did not seem to improve his situation. He was wearing some kind of sports jacket and jeans. He seemed completely unsuitable for such meetings. It's like I just left the house.

- Well, what can I say, Igor began. - It's not bad at all. I wasn’t really prepared for this meeting. I forgot it was today. So from work right here, so I don't look very presentable. Not like you're in suits and dresses. I work for an IT company, or rather manage its business. I founded it myself. I haven't married yet, but I have a girlfriend. As you can see, I’m not the most lost person yet, he laughed.

- So you have your own company? one of the classmates asked.

- Yeah.

Nobody believed him. Igor didn't look like a man with his IT firm. Where's the suit? Where are the expensive watches and other prize winners? Igor's classmates decided that he just invented it all in order not to fall into their eyes completely.

Peels They were almost sure that he worked at best somewhere remote. And he lives with his parents or rents a room somewhere in the sleeping area. No one spoke to him that night. And if he participated in the dialogue, it was only as a listener for the achievements of others.

At the end of the meeting, everyone went to the parking lot. The former friends shook hands and wished for the best. Someone agreed to meet again. Someone said hello to their relatives. Igor waved his whole hand and headed for his car. His classmates looked at him with surprise. Since right before their eyes, the loser Igor sat behind the wheel of an expensive SUV. Immediately to him on the passenger seat sat a beautiful woman with bags in her hands. They kissed and drove towards the center. The whole class was in shock.

Peels Life Wisdom: What Does This Story Teach Us? Do not judge a book by its cover, but the material well-being of a man by his appearance. Each of us deserves good treatment and respect, regardless of wealth. And the example of Igor showed that in this life the main perseverance and work on oneself. No public opinion will matter.

Tags

See also

New and interesting