The neighbor went with his son to the store, and I, out of the kindness of my heart, offered the baby a chocolate, the father of the child in response only got angry.

“I had no idea that Dmitry was such a strict father. I just don’t feel sorry for my children! – says our reader Anna. She works in a convenience store near her home and often sells groceries to her neighbors.

One day, Anna witnessed a strange situation: a father scolded his son for wanting to buy a chocolate bar. This story prompted us to raise the important topic of the distribution of the family budget and people’s attitude to money.

For the last 10 years I have been working as a salesman in a convenience store near my house. Over the years I have seen all sorts of things, but the situation I recently found myself in shocked me.

My neighbors come to the store every day. I have known everyone by name for a long time, I even write someone on the cross if there are problems with money. Everything happens in life. And then one day my neighbor Dmitry and his son Toley came to us. This family moved into our house about 7 years ago. The boy was only 3 years old at the time.

I watched how he grew up and how his parents lived. Dmitry and his wife Olya are good people. They got married pretty early: both were only 20 years old.

Dima, being a very obligatory and purposeful person, always did everything himself. Their parents did not help them at all, as far as I know. All I saw was my neighbor running away to work early in the morning and coming back late in the evening.

Who is right and who is wrong, let’s go back to that day. While a neighbor was buying groceries in other departments, his son came up to me (I work in the candy department) and looked at me very sadly. And then I looked at the chocolate bar. I handed it to the boy and said, “Take the chocolate, Dad will pay.”

It was obvious that Tolya wanted to take sweets, but as if afraid. In the end, the child took the chocolate. And when it came to paying for the goods, the neighbor started counting. I told him it was because of the chocolate. Dmitri was really angry.

First, he started yelling at his son for taking that damn chocolate bar from me without asking. Secondly, he made a scandal and told me that next time I would pay for it. I was speechless at that moment. I had no idea that Dmitri was such a strict father. I just don't feel sorry for my kids!

Yes, I knew that the neighbors count every penny, monitor the family budget. But to be so... Dmitry constantly saves money and does not allow his wife to spend it without asking him. I’ve heard them argue on this basis.

On the one hand, the neighbor has really achieved a lot. He bought a car, made home renovations, even started his own business. But at what cost? When I look at his wife and son, I see that they are unhappy. I just don't get it. I don't feel sorry for my sons, whether it's a new toy or a chocolate bar. The best is for the kids!

I don't know what the point of wealth is if you can't use it. After that situation with Dmitry, I try not to contact his family anymore. The boy's sorry!

In this situation, several controversial points can be distinguished. First of all, Anna shouldn't have given a small child a chocolate bar without asking her parent. This is stupid, because such an outcome could be predicted. Moreover, the heroine knew that her neighbor counts every penny and does not allow his son to eat sweets.

Secondly, Dmitry should not have reacted so sharply to what happened. His desire for savings and the imaginary prosperity of his family hits human relations. Sooner or later, this will lead to more serious problems with his wife and son. Agreed?

Who do you think is right and who is to blame? Boldly share your thoughts in the comments. Wait for you downstairs!

Tags

See also

New and interesting