Ordered in the kitchen plastic double-glazed window, worth your money, tell the impressions

The more complex the plastic window and the more profile it has, the more expensive it is. Therefore, today windows are most often made deaf or with one folding leaf. This design allows you to save on heating the home and maintains an acceptable temperature inside the apartment even in harsh winter conditions. But it has significant shortcomings. And the main one is the inconvenience of ventilation. And get rid of it allow plastic windows with a window, which are vividly discussed in all construction forums.

Problems with ventilation in the standard design of plastic windows In older houses, the ventilation system is based mainly on the influx of fresh air through the cracks in the window frames and entrance doors. Air, passing through all rooms in the apartment, absorbs harmful impurities and goes through the ventilation channels in the kitchen and bathroom.

The tightness of the plastic window blocks the natural flow of fresh air into the room, thereby disrupting ventilation. Because of this, fogging of windows occurs, condensation forms on them.

If you open the windows as regularly as the manufacturers advise, then this negates the main advantages of a plastic window, because fresh and cold air cools the room, and then it has to be warmed up again, waste energy.

Even with a folding flap in a plastic window, it becomes more difficult to control the force of airing the room. And if the window is deaf, as in the photo, then there is only one way out - to open the door. And here either the heat or the floor walks frost.

The advantages of double-glazed windows
  1. It is easier to control the force of airing the room.
  2. The location of the window is very convenient, cooled primarily warm air at the ceiling. At the same time, the floor does not cool as quickly, which is important when there are small children in the family.

3. The design is quite high, and a narrow opening does not allow the child to fall into it.
  4. There is no need to open the window completely, so the fittings wear less.
  5. It is convenient to ventilate with a window if there are flowers on the window.

User reviews "Really necessary thing, evaluated in comparison." Without a window, I suffocate in the apartment, and when I open it, I close very quickly, since the child is in the house.”

View this post on Instagram

Posted by OKNAбLOGIEбDVERIбUF (@okonna_manufactura)

“We also have a window, a very important thing in the kitchen. In the old house, the window reclined vertically, this is inconvenient in winter, it becomes cold immediately.”

Posted by Doors of the ceiling window (@prok_okna67)

“This window is my dream! I now have French windows, from floor to ceiling, and with young children it was almost impossible to open them, drafts walked right on the floor.

Posted by Azimuth (@azimut_irkutsk)

"It's in my kitchen. Super simple. I don't regret paying extra. 15 years ago, the craftsmen resisted, but I insisted, because I had a cat, and he went outside through the window. First floor. Because of him they did.”

As you can see, plastic windows with windows definitely have a lot of advantages and appealed to users. And their only drawback is that they have to pay extra for the window. That's just in the turmoil of repairs, it is not always possible to calmly assess all the pros and cons, and the main argument is the price. We hope that our article will help you not to lose your choice. We do not buy windows for a year or two.

Tags

See also

New and interesting