I opened my wallet and slipped $300 into the envelope, saying, dear Svatya, we forgot to congratulate you.

What's the best? matchmaker Is it possible to present in our time, without being ashamed of yourself or yourself? A good poem, a laudatory ode, or an ordinary gift in a beautiful package? And in general, is it worth giving something valuable if everyone is already adults and understands everything?

Different families have their own habits and habits. But our reader wants to share her story, which caused us not only interest, but even undisguised surprise. An interesting story from life that makes you think about the relationship between people.

My son got married a little over six months ago. And no, believe me, this is not another story about a bad daughter-in-law. On the other hand, time will tell, because we did not have time to get to know her close enough.

I'm rural myself. My childhood and youth were spent in a small village near the regional center. I did well in school and went to college. I moved to the city and started living in a dormitory. At some point, my friends and I often went to the library, and from there straight to our favorite cafeteria where we served just amazing tea.

There we met our future husband. He already had serious goals in life and good acquaintances around the city. Everything was going well and a couple of years later we got married. He became the director of a small factory, and I became an accountant. No wonder I spent so much time in the profession.

Then a son was born, but it did not affect us financially. Things were going well, the orders came in good order, the husband developed production. I won’t be too long, but we’re still in a class. Only not so young, but at least life is a sin to complain.

Like I said, the son got married. His girlfriend, Julia, reminds me of herself twenty years ago. He does not go to clubs, keeps modest, does not spend more on clothes than he should. Although her son would like to spoil her. But no: we will make the wedding modest, we will take a minimum of guests, no competitions and tamadas. And let the wedding trip be in a year. We will get to know each other better, and we will earn our money.

To be honest, I wanted a noisy celebration. The only son gets married, you can go for a walk. To brag to relatives, a little annoying friends. When we were young, we bought an apartment, and Dad bought a car for his son. For business, of course. Just riding around the city and wasting gas is stupid for teen majors.

I met my girlfriend at the wedding. She lived her whole life in a village, as it turned out, next to my village. Even though she is only 2 years older than me, you would never say that. Let's omit her clothes: rags, even by the standards of the urban poor. Hair of incomprehensible color and all sorts of broken. Granny's glasses. She only lacked hooks...

But her daughter-in-law loves her very much. She was always hanging around her mom, putting something better on her plate. You know, it was really cute. Especially when you watch her, not really an old woman, shudder like a child when the music started to play loud and suddenly. But what to do, a wedding for this and a holiday with songs and dances.

So, the holiday passed, the young slowly began to get used to the new page of their lives, and my husband and I went about our business. Suddenly a call. My son on the other end of the phone said my matchmaker's birthday was coming up soon. Anniversary, 50. We should all go, or it's not like we're related.

I'll tell you right away, I didn't want to go at all. Again look at the gray village without asphalt, lanterns and normal roads. Invent topics for conversation, smile without much reason. But now it's necessary. We're not strangers now. In general, my husband and I bought some simple bouquet and got out of the pantry sets of a hundred years ago, which someone probably also gave us at the time. Let's go.

We were met by a frightened matchmaker, all in care and with round eyes. It turned out that she was waiting for guests much later and only for tea. The young ones did come later, apparently specifically to let their parents talk to each other. At first, the conversation didn't work. The man was silent and seemed to be looking at one point. I remembered my youth, but I could not remember any positive moments.

Then I noticed the interior of this small, clumsy house. You won't believe it. Everything was so fitting, so neat and at the same time practical that I even lost the thread of conversation for a while. Clean, washed. Everything is in its place. I asked you to show me the kitchen, the bathtub, and everything was exactly the same: perfect order.

We started talking and this lovely woman has probably told me her whole life. How she raised her daughter, how her husband left them and everything. Despite her work as a teacher, she still manages to look after the house, grow some vegetables, sew and so on. As I understood, she had only time to sleep, but the energy was still glowing inside this pure man.

My son and daughter-in-law are here. They took out the car products and something to drink, the birthday went into the solemn phase. And it was such a pleasure for me to sit together and watch a woman I don't know and just listen to her.

At the end of the evening, when everyone started to gather, I could not stand it. I took out $300 from my “just in case” stash and wrapped it in some piece of paper. An ordinary white sheet, probably from a notebook. I didn't, nothing. It's not a postcard. I put it in one of the shelves in the closet and went to the hallway.

You think I was in a state of affection that night? Absolutely not, not even close. I just realized that my matchmaker's gift would come in handy and she would certainly use it wisely. For me, this is not a blow to my wallet. You see, I'm really glad I met such an interesting person. I never thought I'd be wildly excited about a matchmaker living in a small village. That happens.

Tags

See also

New and interesting