Experienced gardeners know exactly when it is time to plant garlic, and when it is too early.

Many gardeners ask questions from year to year:When can I plant garlic in the winter? Is it time or is it early?? The right planting time is the key to a good harvest. Well, in this article we will tell you what hints of nature you should listen to, so as not to miss.

Guess with the time of planting garlic is very important, because it is the pledge of strong, large heads. If you choose a bad time, garlic It will either fade away or it will become poorly rooted.. In such cases, you can not even hope for a good harvest. Garlic should have time to take root before frosts, but not to grow, but to wait for spring. That's when he gets all the moisture.

This is one of the key factors of good garlic. Generous watering in the spring will not help if you miss a landing. Even the most careful care is not able to save garlic, which I haven’t had time to grow enough roots.. Water here - do not water, everything will be wasted.

How do you determine a good time? Usually garlic is planted after a cold snap - this is known to many gardeners. But it often happens that after the first cold of October, the heat returns, and the garlic suddenly begins to sprout. The weather often spoils our crops. What do we do? How not to make a mistake and plant garlic too early?

It turns out that there is one universal sign that will surely tell you that you can plant garlic with a calm soul in the winter. Namely, rook behavior.. Our ancestors did not trust nature in garden matters.

It is worth watching the behavior of birds. Rooks usually begin to gather in packs. month before the onset of cold. In summer, they are not visible at all, but in autumn there comes a time when these birds, even in cities, walk on lawns, look for food to be saturated before departing to warm lands.

If you notice flocks of rooks on the lawns and lawns of your city, then you can plant garlic next weekend. Don't worry about anything. This sign is also good because the garlic will have time to take root, because the relatively warm weather will last a couple of weeks.

My grandmother always trusted me, and now my mother does. Rooks have never cheated.Unlike the other methods. Geese can also serve as a clue. A flyby of geese is the deadline for planting garlic. It is better not to delay - the cold is close. And a span of geese is not to be confused with anything, they are walking in a wedge. The sight is a little sad, reminding of the coming winter and cold weather.

We also recommend reading the article about planting winter onions. It contains all the information that will help to get a good harvest.

Tags

See also

New and interesting