The family life of Laima Vaikule

Laima Vaikule is a Latvian singer who won the hearts of Russian and Ukrainian listeners. At 64, she is still touring and giving concerts. And even annually organizes in Jurmala international music festival "Randevu".

The fate of the singer overtook Lima despite the fact that she did not aspire to her and in her youth wanted to become a medical worker: I wanted to be a doctor. I really wanted that. I even went to anatomy, so I wanted to learn to be a doctor, to treat people, to save them. But it didn't work out... I got into this show business and a different life started.”

The future singer received a trip to life from Raymond Pauls: It happened in the Philharmonic. I was 15 years old. At that time I was engaged in music and singing with Maestro Zakhodnik, and he worked with Raymond Pauls – sang and voiced the singers of Raymond.

The teacher loved me and thought I was a good singer, so he took me to Pauls’ audition. I remember singing in the dark Philharmonic Hall, it was probably six o'clock in the evening, and suddenly a man came up behind me, patted me on the shoulder and said, "Baby, I'll take you." That was Raymond Pauls.

Laima Vaikule continued the work of her mentor. And Andrew Latkovsky helped her in this. He was first a bass player in her ensemble and later became her producer. And part-time husband. Their strong union was born in 1978 and still exists today.

The couple went through a lot together. In 1991, Laima Vaikule learned of a terrible diagnosis. Doctors found her oncology. It took her seven years to fully recover. She was supported by her husband all along.

“The worst thing about cancer is not the cure, the chemistry and its terrible effects, the pain and the nausea. The worst thing about cancer is fear. And you can't share that fear with anyone. And he's getting stronger than you. In the beginning, I could only talk to Andrew. He was probably the only person I cried with.”

And only he was allowed to my secret, to my trembling, to my suffering, perhaps because he once, in response to another of my tantrums that I can no longer wait for treatment and live in this feeling of fear, said: “Don’t worry, if something goes wrong and you become unbearable, we will get in the car, accelerate – and drive into the wall, and that’s it, it will be one moment.”

After these trials, Lima realized that the most important thing in her life - serious relationships, familyNot a career. It is a pity that sometimes you have to go through a lot of difficulties to begin to appreciate the bright days.

Relationships to create a family It's not a day or two. So Laima Vaikule and Andrei Latkovsky strengthened their ties for decades. Even though they are not painted and have no children, they are still together. That's what matters.

Tags

See also

New and interesting