Should I paint over the gray hair?

Old age scares us all, we try to postpone her arrival or hide that she is already here. And there is nothing even strange in this, just a human reaction to dramatic changes. With old age, gray hair comes to us, and women, of course, are most concerned about this. And it is not strange, because a woman who paints gray hair can be told that she is young beyond her years, and the one who does not think to wear makeup will be accused of having stopped watching herself.

DepositPhotos

And in this case, how should a woman decide? Editorial "Site" I decided to look into this sensitive issue and find out, At what age do women need to paint gray hair? And whether or not.

Before I have a point of view, I would like to tell two completely different stories about the same thing. The first story is about my aunt, who all her life had luxurious copper hair. Without exaggeration, a gorgeous red hair stack. It was always her highlight, and when her head was silvered at 40, her aunt was terribly upset.

She had no doubts: paint, and no other options. That's how she painted them for 10 years. Gray hair became more and more, apparently, affected by the difficulties that she experienced over the years. By 60, her hair was completely gray. At one point, she decided that she would no longer paint them. She said it wasn't natural, that it was all a hoax.

She gave examples of famous women who turned gray hair into dignity. In general, she caught fire with this idea and began to grow her hair without dyeing it. It lasted about six months, then the hair grew so much that she completely cut the dyed tips. It was difficult to say that she looks spectacular, gray hair noticeably aged her. And she herself became a bit sad and down.

Once we talked heart to heart, and it turned out that she no longer considers this idea so successful. Yes, it's natural, but she doesn't like the way it looks. She said she felt old. And the husband somehow reacted strangely to everything and only repeats: “And I loved your hair...”

A month later, my aunt spit on it all, went to the hairdresser and returned her color. To all the questions she answered, “What do you want?” I'm still too young for gray hair. Maybe when I'm 80...

DepositPhotos

And here's the second story. It's about my grandmother, who turned completely gray at 50 and never dyed her hair. And not because of public opinion or anything, no, she just genuinely wondered why. She constantly reproached her younger sister, who also turned gray early, but dyed her hair.

Every time they met, my grandmother would say, "Why are these paints, I don't understand, you're an old woman, you can already go gray." She said that gray hair is not a sign of old age, but simply a change in hair color.

And you know, these two stories make you think that there's no universal advice for women. I can't tell if you don't dye your hair, or if you're ashamed to wear gray hair, just paint it over immediately. We are concerned that this is a personal matter for everyone. The most important thing is that this decision is not influenced by some outside opinion.

If for you gray hair is a sign of old age and withering, then boldly go to the hairdresser and dye your hair. And if you think that it is not a shame to be gray at all, and you like the color, because it is noble, then leave everything as it is and do not listen to anyone. That is the secret of happiness and the answer.

DepositPhotos

The main thing to understand is not to be ashamed of your choice. Don’t let doubt get into your head, especially if it comes from outsiders. That’s all I really wanted to say about it.

If you are still in doubt, be sure to read our article about what the famous psychologist and sociologist Ashton Applewhite thinks about gray hair. Another curious opinion.

Do you paint the gray hair? Tell us in the comments what you think about this!

Tags

See also

New and interesting