The best book adaptations

Do you feel disappointed after watching a good book? Every book lover must have experienced it.

Film adaptations often do not live up to expectations because the director does not consult with readers. He created what he imagined and imagined himself. He is an ordinary person who realizes through cinema subjective vision and understanding written by a writer.

Especially for you, we made a selection of films that still exceeded all expectations and surpassed the book. These are the cases where readers and directors are on the same wavelength. Introducing you. best-selling the last two years.

DepositPhotos screening of books
  1. "American Gods" The series is based on the book of the same name by Neil Gaiman. The film combines elements of American culture, fantasy and various branches of ancient and modern mythology.

DepositPhotos

Shadow Moon lost everything in this life. But in a moment of desperation, he met Mr. Wednesday, the Devil, God, or just a man too mysterious to open a new world to him.

DepositPhotos

2. "Burning" A South Korean thriller filmed in 2018 based on Haruki Murakami’s story “Burn the Shed.” The center of attention is a love triangle, in which the feelings of three still unrealized, but very worthy people with great potential are at the forefront.

DepositPhotos

Solving personal problems, heroes do not allow themselves to dwell on them and fall out of society. They fill their relationships with psychological, social, and political overtones that prevent them from being isolated from the world.

DepositPhotos

3. "It." The American horror drama film is based on the first part of the novel of the same name by Stephen King. The screening added only atmosphere and tension to it.

DepositPhotos

The main scarecrow is a creature walking around in the form of a clown. It terrorizes children by feeding on their fears and hatred.

DepositPhotos

4. "Street Cat Named Bob" “A Street Cat Named Bob” is the personal story of James Bowen, a street musician whose acquaintance with an animal saved him from drug addiction.

DepositPhotos

“I think it came down to this little creature. He came and asked me for help, and he asked for my help more than my body asked for self-destruction. He is the reason I wake up every day. He definitely gave me the right direction that I will follow for the rest of my life.

DepositPhotos

5. Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them Review of J.K. Rowling’s book Fantastic Beasts and Their Habitats. It was supposed to be an appendix to the Harry Potter series, but as a result it became an independent story.

DepositPhotos

It is a deep dive into the world of Hogwarts magic and the study of his magical creatures. In the center of the plot of the events that occurred 65 years before the beginning of the main saga about Harry. The history of the past is no less fascinating than the history of the present.

DepositPhotos

6. "Prepare for the first player." Prepare for Player One by Ernest Kline by Steven Spielberg. The director depicted the colorful world of teenagers of the future.

DepositPhotos

The characters are immersed in the virtual reality of a computer game. Their goal is to spot an Easter egg, win big money and gain control of the toy that controls people.

Shooting a film about the future, Spielberg paid tribute to past brilliant films and filled the picture with references to the films Back to the Future, Terminator 2: Judgment Day, A Nightmare on Elm Street and others.

DepositPhotos

Watching book adaptations It may be as interesting as reading them. Choose a movie to your liking and start watching.

If you like to combine pleasant with useful and learn languages from movies, then our next collection is just for you. Or maybe you watch movies only according to the recommendations of authorities, then catch a selection of the best films, according to Tarantino himself.

Tags

See also

New and interesting