The book is about Venus

(Disclaimer: This post is not campaigning to raise funds. The purpose of the post - to inspire readers to create their own crowdsourcing projects) i> sub>

It is hoped that in this noble, gigantic business will increasingly expand international cooperation
scientists imbued desire to work for the benefit of all humanity, in the name of peace and progress. K. Sergeev (alias Sergei Korolev) i> blockquote>

(Scheme gondola stratostat STRATOLAB with equipment for spektroskopirovaniya atmospheres of other planets) i>

Last summer I had the idea to start crowdsourcing kubsat. Then I talked with many people and the ability to run without a satellite, the chain reaction. What will come of this, we may soon find out. So I'm thrilled to crowdsourcing projects, especially in the area of ​​space. What was my joy when I learned that in Russia launched the first project (publication of a book about Venus). I found the author and interviewed him.

Personally, I am from a conversation with Paul ( Shubinpavel ) learned a sea of ​​interesting information about when was the world's first space crowdsourcing who had the opportunity to think of the heliocentric system 2000 years before Copernicus, whether difficult to work with Russian and American archives, and what was the situation in space communications station at the time of planting Venus-4

Men h4> - You met some people who were related to the study of Venus (for example with the supervisor "Venus-15/16», Oleg Riha ). Tell me, who would of astronauts / Engineers (living and deceased already) you would like to talk to? I>
- It depends on what you mean by the word "talk". Just talk with interesting conversationalist, always interesting. And here it does not matter with what.

Talk for information ... There are two problems. The fact that age is very bad. But worst of all, that over time, the details are forgotten, lost accurate snap to date. For example, now the difference between 1966 and 1963 is as insignificant. Only three years, but for the study of the history of space exploration, it can be critical.

For example, in the memoirs often enjoyed (and sometimes like now) to remember how the Queen planetologists tired of arguing about the structure of the lunar surface, and he just wrote on a piece of paper, "Luna firm. Sergei Korolev, "It is for this piece of paper began to design the machine later turned into the moon-9 for the first time in the world of the village to the moon and referred to her view. History of employment, and no wonder that she was so pleased that the writers journalists interviewed scientists.

And all of this legend was well until the note is not found and does not provide all interested persons (after the fact it turned out that it is also at one time was able to get Mark Gallay for his book, but it went unnoticed). Overall, there is written: "The landing should be calculated on the hard ground pumice type. Lateral speed - zero ... "I do not remember. But the main thing on her date. And on this date it became obvious that a note written for a manned lunar spaceship. Also, this implies that E-6 (Luna 9) was unique station from a technical point of view. As it developed, and in the expectation that there will be dust and sea she had to sit in them successfully. Again, it became obvious after the fact of its construction. Separate landing mechanism dolls, petals.

As a result, in the memoirs especially not lied, but the real picture was different. Memoirs and memories are good when you need to understand the general atmosphere that was at the time. Or, if you want to understand any particular moment, it should be like to interview seriously describe in detail the issue, preferably having on hand anything to confirm the words and the limited time frame.

On the second question, I would still very much like to meet Bazilevsky, Marovo. Among the astronauts - Volynov, Eliseev.

As for historical figures. That, frankly, I would like to talk to Аристархом Samos . And even better with the Кононом Samos . I have a very, very strong suspicion (unfortunately only on the basis of indirect evidence) that he could modify the heliocentric theory of Aristarchus Samoskogo and translate it into an elliptical orbit of the planet. He was all for it. From the facts before the mathematical apparatus. And if so, what he did for almost two thousand years before Kepler.

If you take someone close, probably with Keldysh. Just like the Queen of the person or Glushko me clear enough. There are memories and articles. But with the Keldysh harder. That person, what I see of his research papers and work and a note, is markedly different from the one that like to portray in popular articles. More precisely there is no personality display and a set of stories like it in an easy ahead in computing machines and effortlessly find errors in complex models. Hints that man is a super computer. There is even a member of his disciples, which are mindful of the different cases of life. But, in my opinion, the entire site is best said by his article
Science compares with music. Recalls the story of the life of Grieg. In this article, of course, enough communicating. I do not know where and why it was written.
On the other hand, even if I suffered in the past, hardly able to talk to him. Answer questions stranger he would not. And if I had convinced him that from the future, I think it was he flunked me with questions

Books and movies h4> - In preparation for the publication of his work, you read a bunch of books: i>

Tell me, what are your favorite books (fiction and documentary) and films (fiction and documentary) about space? I>

- Well, you and ask questions. There are many. However, if you want to just about space.
For example: "The Way to Amalthea." This is one of the few books where the laws of physics did not bring a sacrifice to the laws of the plot. Moreover, a plot linked to the laws. It seemed that there were many such books. Lem, Asimov, Clark. But Strugatsky, it is in this story, it turned better.
But this is only an example. I like a lot of other books. Just a space in them is often only a background.
With documented little easier. Shklovsky "universe, life, mind." Carl Sagan "Cosmos" Also, I love books memories of real events (there are many), but preferably well written and interesting (such already less).
Examples of the Outer Space: Books Chertok.
Another example: Picard "The depth of 11,000 feet." Such books, a lot.
By the way, a little known fact (personally found it). In the book of Auguste Picard "Above the Clouds", published here in 1936, there is a reference to the book The Queen and Tikhonravova.

Feature films - a standard set of "The Taming of the Fire", "Apollo 13», «The Right Stuff» . Slightly less than the standard, "October Sky»
Documentary. Again, it's simple. Any documentaries Klushantseva and James Cameron. It does not matter about space or not. These maniacs in the good sense of the word.
Again Tsentrnauchfilm, in due time, good movies released. I mean movies like this here:

Simply, in my opinion, these documentaries should not be as old archival footage superimposed on pre-prepared text (no majority). They must be removed so that they can be referenced and used the information to work.
This approach is now, unfortunately, expensive. After all you need to do the whole process of shooting for many years. And these films are very malo.Na my opinion - nothing ...

Crowdsourcing h4> - What kraudsorsingovae projects (past or current) you are cute? I>
- Collect money on ISEE-3. Although the first collection of money from the population for the space program was still during the Viking program.
If for Russian projects - that raising money for the publication of the book "Simple Science". I understand that they are doing important work.
Project "Akvatilis." The idea and suggestion are very good, but something they pull it. Then there was a wonderful project to launch stratospheric balloon for children. Looking at these projects, I decided that the popularization of science is important and interesting people.

- A little more about crowdsourcing at Viking? I>
- I saw this information, for example, here .

US citizens already provide such support to the project "Viking", destined for Mars exploration: in 1980 more than 10 thousand. Americans gave NASA from their own pockets an average of 10 dollars. Blockquote> But there is so formulated that it is not clear on that collected 100 thousand dollars. On the continuation of the Viking, or the probe to Halley's Comet.
Suspect at Viking. I saw a mention of raising money and foreign sources, but not understood in detail. Try to understand, when I begin to refine the "Mars».

Archives h4> - You've worked with archival materials, as there is with them things? I>
I recently posted a similar film about the Moon-1. Unfortunately in bad quality.

Besides movies Tsentrnauchfilm also produces films for the project closed. And it tells all. From design to scientific problems. The archive RGANTD under the base, there are those movies but only on film. With the film, they are not allowed to work on the scan they said no money and the only way to scan them all at his own expense. According to their price of 80 rubles - seconds. Total scan 45 minute film will cost 216 thousand rubles.

Diagram station for photographing Venus i>

All photos NASA open license. Unfortunately, it does not extend far on all the pictures. I venture to quote a fragment of a response from the archives of the California Institute of Technology:

We release materials for a specified use, and further distribution of any material is strictly controlled.
Our standard fee for the use of one of our photos in the interior of a printed publication is $ 95.00 per photo. There is an additional reproduction charge of $ 10.00 for scanning setup, and $ 10.00 per digital scan created.
We do not supply photos free of charge. Blockquote> For my book I plan to order a few pictures and diagrams of RGANTD. There take about 350 rubles per shot.

An excerpt from the book. Memories of landing on Venus h4>

Venus-4. The first ever operating condition in the atmosphere of another planet h5>

It was October 18, 1967 at 7 o'clock 39 minutes 10 seconds. The station entered the atmosphere at a speed of about 10 km / s. At that time, neither the lander was not part of the atmosphere at such high speeds, even in the earth! On command from the temperature sensor was divided compartments, followed by the ballistic pause and exit the drogue parachute, then - the main. Altimeter turned, went signals with temperature and pressure sensors, the striker broke cover and rushed into ampoules analyzer Venusian "air". Work started!

There are several eyewitnesses who were in those moments in Yalta at the station Deep Space Communication in the 116th room. I would like to quote from the diary, the famous journalist Yaroslav Golovanov Space (local time, Evpatoria). In parentheses the author's comments.

"Evpatoria. Deep Space Centre. Onboard time AMC - 128 th day of the flight. On Earth - night. Night, when the "Venus-4" will sit on Venus. Voltage creepy.

In 5h 41 min team: let me know when a signal!

And indeed, in the 5h 44 min 27 - the signal! The excess of the signal above the noise of the earth and the heavens 30 times! Excellent!

In 6.15 «Venus-4" very beginning "to look for land" of its parabolic antenna and 12 minutes later found, with the excess of the signal above the noise immediately jumped from 30 to thousands.

6.48 - to the planet there are about 30 thousand kilometers.

7.15 - there are about 13 thousand ...

7.35 - 400 km to Venus ... Begins still very weak, watery atmosphere, so it's time to shoot SA. When shooting CA parabolic antenna that works so well now, Earth will lose. Indeed, the signal has changed dramatically, but, as they say here, "the parabola does not want to die."
Finally at 7.39 the signal from the dish antenna completely disappeared. But after 50 seconds, turn on the transmitter SA. He is 5 times weaker, but what to do ...

7.48. B> to Venus - 28, 8 km. Pressure (P) - 960 mmHg, the temperature (T) of -78 degrees Celsius ...

(Immediately after the parachute was made the first analysis of the composition of the atmosphere of Venus. Threshold sensors simply zashkalilo! As it was only possible to say that the carbon dioxide atmosphere of Venus contains more than 1%. Part of the gage, to the surprise of all, too. But they anyway, were able to give a clear enough result. CO2 + 90% - 10. The nitrogen content of one sensor output less than 7%, the second - less than or equal to 2.5%.) i>

8.08. B> P - more than 4 atm, T = 135 ° C. Academician Imshenetskiy, authority in microbiology, said that just at this temperature sterilization occurs. Hope that on Venus there is a similarity of protein earthly life, virtually no ... CA can withstand pressures up to 15 atmospheres, then it will crush ...
Behind me in the glassed cabin sits soldier very intelligent-looking, bespectacled, of those who did not pass the university entrance exams. He kept repeating to someone in the phone settings of the Venusian atmosphere that operators report to every 30 seconds. Reported that the pressure in the atmosphere of Venus has exceeded 5 atmospheres, the soldier suddenly paused, obviously listening to the question, and then confided:
- Comrade Marshal, in the world - one atmosphere ... Many would give anything to know what kind of tree stump sits at the other end. But it is certainly a military secret!

8.54. B> Pressure Sensor zashkalilo: it was designed for only 9 atmospheres. T = 250 ° C. T inside the unit - 37 ° C. "Life there is a dog," - says thoughtfully Georgy (Babakin).

In fact, the sensor "zashkalilo» More at 8:31 am. Last reported was about reaching 7 atm.

9.14. B> Outside temperature - over 280 degrees inside - 54 degrees. The operator reported that the object swinging. Why?

9.16. B> The signal disappeared

(The last recorded signal from the Venera-4 was transferred at 9 o'clock 13 minutes 31 seconds. The temperature reached 535 K (262 ° C). I>

In the evening, "washed" in "Ukraine" victory Babakina. For science is a grand victory: just three hours Earthlings learned of his celestial neighbor more than in all previous human history! Drank well, all noisy, shouting, laughing, and Hleb (Gleb Y. Maksimov - a leading developer of automated machinery space, first in SP Korolev OKB, then at GN Babakina.) Suddenly began to cry. Yes so genuinely bitterly. We rushed to him, and he replied:
- Idiots! What are you rejoicing ?! Do not you realize that today we are orphaned in the solar system ?! I was so looking forward to Venus ... So ... Are we alone in the solar system, we are all alone! .. - And again wept. »

PS

Source: habrahabr.ru/post/230601/

Tags

See also

New and interesting