How to deal with the loss of a loved one

How often do we resent our families? Every household trifles and resentments accumulate and eventually turn into a huge snowball, which eclipses the good that is in the closest people. Is it rare nowadays to meet a person who is offended by his relatives?

Even native Every person - his mother and father - is not immune from the fact that one day the child will stop helping, visiting, calling. You don’t even need a fight to make the relationship between parents and an adult child go away.

As a child, mom and dad are a saint. And then you grow up and don't even have time to call. We stop enjoying those priceless moments that we spend with the closest people, with those who sincerely and unreasonably love us.

Do parents need a reason? Even if you are a notorious scoundrel or a hardened criminal, they will still see in you the good that is hidden from others’ eyes and will love for the rest of their lives.

DepositPhotos

Listening to the disturbing sounds from the intensive care ward where my father lay, I thought these were the most difficult moments of my life. We only learned about cancer 9 months ago and have been preparing ourselves for the inevitable.

Chemotherapy, hospitalizations, endless visits to doctors. We knew he was dying: the cancer was tightening its creepy embrace. We were preparing for the fact that we would have to separate.”

DepositPhotos

When father passed awayI wasn't around. I found out on the phone. At some point it even became easier that he stopped suffering. I thought the worst was over because he was at peace. But that was not the case.”

“The journey through mourning has just begun. Days passed, months passed into years. Everything was painful, heartbreaking and... strange. It has been 5 years, but to remember at least the day when I did without memories and even tears, difficult.

DepositPhotos: I couldn’t get over my grief. Some people compare mourning to a process and divide it into stages, but I cannot agree with that. I can't admit that my father isn't around anymore. And I don’t want to be asked to stop suffering and turn the page. That's not how it works.

“It doesn’t matter who I used to be, but today I’m much more empathetic than I was before losing my father. For friends who are going through their own losses, I became a mentor. I became kinder to strangers. If someone is rude to me, I just think he had a difficult day. ?

DepositPhotos

I continue to live a normal life and even belong to the club of those who lost their parents. I don’t take turning the page seriously. I remember my father, I think about him, I can’t and I don’t want to stop doing this.

People take what they already have for granted. And when he loses at least some of these values, anger, resentment, denial explode inside. This leads to depression, one of which is acceptance. Recognition that loved ones have irrevocably left and life will not be the same. It remains only to survive grief, turning black sorrow into a bright memory.

DepositPhotos

Now any mental anguish and fantasies on the topic “what would have happened if I...” do not make much sense. We regret the loss, and it is only in this moment of despair that we pay attention to what is left.

Our life is not eternal, and you never know which day will be the last. Therefore, do not hold a grudge and do not brush off your relatives. The passing of a loved one Always unexpected.

If you are in a quarrel with your parents, take the first step to reconciliation, if you did not talk, call, if you did not come for a long time, visit. Home chores and worries will not run away, but to give relatives a little more attention and warmth will never be superfluous.

Take care of your parents!

Tags

See also

New and interesting