Reception of the French Primary Dessert

Winter holidays are a time of miracles! And in order for dreams and cherished desires to come true, faith and at least minimal steps on the way to the goal are needed.

There is one ritual in my family that helps me fulfill my wishes. Every year before Christmas, and sometimes the day before the New Year, my mother and I bake traditional food. French dessert "Christmas log".

Christmas log

DepositPhotos

Magic "Christmas log" came to us from France, where it is a national Christmas dessertThe baking of which is of particular importance. Biscuit roll personifies the log from the festive hearth. The burning of the “Christmas log” is one of the customs that was a mandatory Christmas ritual among the Celts.

Choosing a Christmas tree was very important. The head of the family placed a log in the hearth, watered the tree with vegetable oil, heated wine, rubbed salt and addressed his requests to him. People believed that during the burning of the log on Christmas Eve all the bad that was in the outgoing year was burned, and the house was cleaned. And by the end of the XIX century, the festive log became completely edible.

Many Europeans believe that the wishes you can make while cooking or eating this beautiful delicacy are sure to come true.

DepositPhotos

Today's edition. "Site" It will tell you how to make traditional French. Christmas Log dessert. It will surprise your guests and bring good luck to your home!

Test ingredients
  • 5 eggs
  • 50g flour
  • 50g starch
  • 8-10g baking powder
  • 120g sugar
  • jam

Fantasy ingredients
  • 100g butter
  • 100g sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 6 squares of dark chocolate

DepositPhotos

Preparation
  1. Let's start with chocolate fudge. Mix softened oil with sugar and egg yolk. Then melt the chocolate and butter and mix it well.

DepositPhotos

2. To prepare the test, separate the yolks from the proteins. Mix 5 yolks with sugar until a homogeneous mass is obtained.

DepositPhotos
  3. Mix 50 grams of flour, starch and half packet of baking powder, add the mixture to the egg mass. Continue stirring the dough until you get a uniform consistency.

DepositPhotos

4. Beat the proteins to a state of foam and mix with the main mass.

DepositPhotos

5. The tray is covered with baking paper. Put the finished dough with a spoon, evenly distribute the dough on the surface of the batter. Put the dough in the oven heated to 180 degrees for 15 minutes.

DepositPhotos
  6. While the dough is being cooked, we put jam in a bowl. It is best to lay the finished dough for roll on a thin and wet towel. Smear the dough with jam. The jam should be thick, in consistency as jam. Turn the dough into a roll.

DepositPhotos

7. Once the roll is ready, trim the edges to get a beautiful slice. Then lubricate the dough with a prepared chocolate mass, heated in a microwave.

DepositPhotos

8. After applying the fudge, dessert can be decorated with Christmas figures. Serve the finished dessert on the table cold, sprinkling with powdered sugar, as if a snow vortex swept through a Christmas scene in a log.

DepositPhotos

I also suggest you familiarize yourself with 5 delicious recipes that will help you in preparation for the New Year’s feast and will not hit your pocket. I was especially surprised by the decision with a beet tree!

DepositPhotos

To date, you can find a lot of recipes for cooking "Christmas log", but in my opinion this is one of the best. Traditional cake "Christmas log" He falls in love with himself once and for all.

“Christmas log” is decorated with small figures of chocolate, meringue, marzipan and other sweets. It all depends on your imagination. Many housewives believe that the more similarity a dessert has to a wooden original, the better!

Share it. perfect recipe with your friends on social media!

Tags

See also

New and interesting