How to Spend a Clean Thursday

For Orthodox Christians, the most important week of the year is Holy Week. Believers remember Jesus and the last days of his life. One of the most important days of this week is Great Thursday. It is on this day that we remember such a significant event as the Last Supper and pray for the purification of our soul and body.

It is important to spend this day correctly, without breaking the rules. And tonight. "Site" Tell me what they're doing in Clean Thursday before EasterHow to pray and be cleansed properly.

First of all, the essence of Holy Thursday is to remember the Last Supper, during which Jesus established the main sacrament of the church - Holy Communion. That evening Christ gathered the disciples and gave them wine and bread, saying, “Take, eat, this is My Body that is given for you, and My Blood that is shed for you.”

That is why every believer on this day should go to the temple for worship and communion. This is the most important ritual of cleansing that needs to be carried out on this day. This is spiritual purification. They say that on this day it is also necessary to bathe, it will serve as physical cleansing.

At the beginning of the Last Supper, Christ washed the feet of his disciples, showing an example of true humility and service to his neighbor. In memory of this, during the service on Holy Thursday in the cathedrals, the rite of foot washing is performed: the bishop washes the feet of 12 priests.

In addition to church traditions, there are folk traditions that came to us from our ancestors. There are a lot of things that need to be done on this day.

1. Take a shower
    They say that water on this day has special properties and is able to wash away from you all the bad things: resentment, pain, unresolved problems. For the result to be better, while bathing, you need to say a prayer, asking God to deliver you from longing, sadness, trouble, bad thoughts and other things. Washing under the streams of water, imagine how all the dirt and problems are washed away, how the light streams, purifying the body and soul. It is especially recommended to wash with cold water.

When you bathe, say the following words: As confession cleanses, as water removes dirt, so you, Thursday, be clean, cleanse me of all evil, of resentment to people, of disobedience, of incontinence, of devilish blasphemy, of bad rumor, of evil talk, of demonic disputes. In the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. Amen.

2. Clear the house.
    It is on Great Thursday that the main preparations for Easter begin, which means it is time to start a general cleaning. On this day, it is also customary to bake cakes, paint eggs and chores around the house. However, the service for this is not worth missing. The most important thing is to purify your soul, not just shake the dust out of the carpets.

3. Prepare salt
    Thursday salt is said to have a special power. This is a specially prepared salt, which is endowed with therapeutic and protective properties. It can only be prepared on Good Thursday. Earlier we talked about how to prepare Thursday salt.

4. Recalculate
    People believe that if you count the money on this day, then the whole year there will be no financial difficulties. Recalculation should be carried out early in the morning, in the afternoon, and then again at sunset. This should be done without outsiders, so that no one can see. It is important not to be distracted from the process, not to answer the phone and not to talk to anyone, otherwise everything will be in vain.

Prayer on a clean Thursday is a must. We need a clean Thursday. to pray. Of course, it is best to do this in a church service. On this day it is customary to ask the Lord for forgiveness of sins, as well as for deliverance from diseases and ailments. You can also read a prayer at home. Be sure to say these words on a clean Thursday.

“I see your garment, my Savior, decorated, and no garment is an imam, let I stink in: enlighten the garment of my soul, the Lightkeeper, and save me.” I see Your decorated palace, Saviour, but I have no clothes to enter it. Illuminate the garment of my soul, O Light Giver, and save me.

“Thou shalt receive thy secret supper, O Son of God, my partaker: let us not tell thy secret by thy enemy, nor shall I give thou a kiss, as Judas, but as a robber I confess thee: remember me, O Lord, in thy kingdom.” Son of God, receive me today as a partaker of Your Last Supper. I will not betray secrets to your enemies, I will not kiss you like Judas. But like a robber, I confess to you: Remember me, O Lord, in your kingdom.

Thursday is a very important day for every Christian. This is not just a day to clean houses and bake cakes, it is a time of spiritual purification, a time to reflect on our sins and remember all that Jesus did for us.

We continue to prepare for the bright Easter holiday. Earlier we wrote about how to spend each day of Holy Week.

How do you do Clean Thursday? Tell me in the comments.

Tags

See also

New and interesting