What's good about lonely old age?

In megacities, people feel more lonely. There is no joy in seeing thousands of people every day, among whom there is not a single acquaintance. And an elderly person is most difficult to survive this, because at a respectable age few people are able to make new acquaintances.

And today we discuss the topic of loneliness in old age, and also learn the opinion of an expert on this matter. Maybe we can figure it out. How to get rid of feelings of loneliness This information will help many people find themselves.

I am 67 years old and living alone. My husband's long gone. I continue to work because it is the only activity that saves from boredom. In recent years, I have been living on an automatic machine, nothing is happy.”

“There are no hobbies, and I am not looking for the old one. I offered my son and his family (he has three children) to move to my apartment, but my daughter-in-law is against it. He does not want to live under the same roof with an old woman.”

“I myself would like to move in with my daughter, but they have their own family and they don’t want an old man either. I visit them often and they are always happy. And they will drink and feed and listen. And the more I visit them, the less I want to go home. And we should...

Tamara wonders how she can be in this situation. After all, it is not normal that life, even at a respectable age, has completely ceased to please.

In this story, it is only good that the woman herself thought about the abnormality of the situation and began to look for ways to fix everything. In that case, she really has a chance.

“A lack of hobbies and, worse, a lack of desire to find them can be a sign of depression. Therefore, Tamara will not be superfluous to consult with a neurologist, psychologist or psychotherapist, says consultant psychologist Arina Lipkina.

In the modern world, a 67-year-old person should not feel old. And in this situation, the problem is not that children do not want to take an old person. Rather, adult descendants simply value personal space, where they have created the comfort they need.

“Tamara should let go of the fantasy that it is best to live with children. There is another way to fill your life. It is enough to look around and see the interesting that surrounds. You can visit events that take place nearby, see places where you could not get. We need a new social experience, says the psychologist.

It seems that the lawyer and our heroine really should look at the situation from a different angle. If the children are busy with their worries and do not want to cohabitationYou cannot force their opinions to change. Especially since everything else is normal. So why not fill your own life?

There are many interesting activities around. And in old age, when a person still has enough strength and has a lot of free time, he can begin to implement much of what he conceived in his youth, but did not have time to implement.

Much worse, when a person closes in the circle of simple interests like “watch TV, go to the clinic, go to the store ...” A narrow circle of duties makes each day similar to the previous one, and in this case, persistent loneliness It has the perfect soil for development.

Today, the possibilities of a person at any age have become much wider and it is stupid not to use it. Someone gets married already having adult grandchildren, and someone after retirement finds a new hobby.

A great responsibility lies with the younger generation. After all, it is in the power of children and grandchildren to do everything necessary so that a loved one does not lose interest in life even in old age.

What do you think of that?

Tags

See also

New and interesting