How to Expel Bedbugs from Your Home

At the end of the last century, the problem of bed bugs for some time began to seem irrelevant, but today residents of many cities again complain about the growth of their numbers. This is associated with the mass sale of things in second-hand, increased tourism, migration from the Middle East and Central Asia and general warming.

Contrary to popular belief, bedbugs can settle even in very clean, well-groomed apartments. These unremarkable-looking insects can become the nightmare of any citizen, whether a resident of a communal apartment or an elite new building.

Bedbug bites Not as safe as mosquito bites or fleas. "Site" It will tell you how to get rid of annoying bloodsuckers once and for all, and what annoying mistakes prevent us from doing it the first time.

Those who at least once in their lives faced with the problem of the appearance of bedbugs, know that getting rid of them is quite difficult. The reason for this is the survivability and ability of parasites to multiply rapidly. In addition, insects hide in the daytime and are not so easy to detect.

Bedbugs survive well drops from -20 to +50 degrees. According to experts, recently they have even learned to develop immunity to various chemicals. But it is still possible to destroy them, there are several methods for this.

How to destroy bedbugs
  1. Freezing
    To bugs die, they must be more than three days at a temperature of -15 degrees. A temperature of -20 degrees kills parasites within hours.

The larvae and eggs of bedbugs are even more resistant to cold. They can survive a cold snap up to -30 degrees. This calls into question the effectiveness of the method, but does not diminish its importance as a means of preventing the spread of bedbugs.

2. Exposure to high temperatures
    When the temperature rises above 50 degrees, bedbugs die within a few minutes. This allows you to clean them from bed linen and clothes during washing and ironing.

For the treatment of walls, floors, boards and furniture, this method is inconvenient. You will need a special steam generator, which not everyone has.

3. Household chemicals
    Many householders have heard German. bug-killer “Executioner”, which does not leave stains, does not cause allergies in humans, is not dangerous to animals, effectively destroys eggs, larvae and bedbugs themselves.

It is sold in small white bottles and is a yellowish liquid that requires additional dilution before use. When it hits insects, the “Executioner” paralyzes their nervous system and after a few minutes causes death.

For 5 square meters of living space is spent 1 bottle of means "Executioner" cost 70-100 rubles. And to process an apartment of 40 square meters, you will need about 10 bottles and a spray gun.

4. Essential oils and herbs
    We have already written about folk remedies for fighting bedbugs. Their advantages include naturalness and safety for children. The disadvantages are insufficient effectiveness, especially against larvae and eggs.

The use of folk recipes does not guarantee a 100% result, but can be an additional measure to prevent the appearance of bedbugs.

5. Traps
    An economical and simple way to get rid of bedbugs is bilateral scotch. It can be used on the principle of Velcro from flies. Scotch must be glued on one side along the perimeter of the bed, along the plinths, sills and doors. When moving, the bugs will stick to the tape, and it can simply be thrown away along with the glued insects.

Square pieces of glue trap can be placed under the legs of the bed. A similar method in the story “Bedbugs” describes Lev Nikolaevich Tolstoy: “I stopped to sleep in the inn.” Before I went to bed, I took a candle and looked at the corners of the bed and walls, and when I saw that there were bedbugs in all the corners, I began to figure out how to arrange myself for the night so that the bedbugs did not get to me.

I had a folding bed with me, but I knew that if I placed it in the middle of the room, the bedbugs would slide from the walls to the floor and from the floor, along the legs of the bed, would reach me; so I asked the master for four wooden cups, poured water into the cups, and placed each leg of the bed in a cup of water.

I lay down, put a candle on the floor and began to see what the bedbugs would do. There were many bedbugs, and they could already smell me; I saw them crawling on the floor, climbing on the edge of the cup, and some fell into the water, others turned back.

“I outwitted you,” I thought, “you won’t get there now,” and I wanted to put out the candle when I suddenly felt something biting me. Looking around: bug. How did he get to me? Within a minute, I found another. I looked around and wondered how they got to me.

For a long time I could not understand, but finally I looked at the ceiling and saw the bug climbing up the ceiling; as soon as it crawled to the level with the bed, it uncoupled from the ceiling and fell on me. “No,” I thought, “you can’t be outsmarted,” put on a fur coat and went out into the yard.

Professional sanitizers called the most common mistakes that prevent their customers from getting rid of bedbugs on their own and from the first time.

1. Reluctance to disassemble furniture
    Bed bugs have flattened bodies, which allows them to hide in the most inaccessible places of furniture. The harder it is to get to a place, the more likely bedbugs are to use it as shelter.

To find and treat all bedbug nests, it is not enough to turn the sofa and remove pillows. Often it is necessary to completely disassemble it and remove the skin, which many people frankly do not want to do.

Experienced sanitizers in search of bedbugs remove floor and ceiling plinths, left-over wallpaper, look under linoleum and parquet, into sockets and all cracks. This is difficult, but it is definitely easier than changing funds over and over again and poisoning bedbugs endlessly.

2. Refusal to process the entire apartment
    Many people mistakenly believe that if bedbugs bite only on the sofa or only in this room, then in other rooms they are not necessary to look for them. As practice shows, the cause of bites can even be nests in the next apartment. Getting through the cracks in the sockets from the next bedbug apartment is much easier than crawling from the next room. Therefore, you need to process the entire apartment in any case. Processing only a sofa or only one room will likely lead to nothing.

3. Use of ineffective tools
    Perhaps vinegar and good as a means of prevention, but use it as the main means to fight bedbugs is not worth it. A good remedy for contact with insects should guarantee their death.

Not always helps even well-known to all hostess "Dikhlophos". Insects quickly adapt to its active substance, so it may not work when reprocessed.

4. Lack of control
    After treatment with chemical agents, apartment owners often try to move out of them for as long as possible. This does not indicate how effective the processing has been. If during the treatment, the chemicals did not get to the bug that was sitting in the shelter, then he will not get out of there until he feels the presence of a person. It is advisable not to leave the apartment after processing for more than 3 days, and in the first week regularly, including at night, inspect the bed.

5. Acting alone
    In 40% of all cases, the cause of infection with bedbugs is their migration from neighbors. To solve this problem once and for all, neighbors must join forces and act together.

Resourceful pensioner Olga Pavlovna knows how to permanently get rid of ants in the house without harmful chemicals, safe for children and pets methods.

Invisible monsters are waiting for their time, hiding under pillows and in the bowels of beds. Looks like a horror movie script? Not at all, we are talking about dust mites, saprophytes, living in billions even in landscaped and clean houses.

What do garden ants, healthy nails and winter garlic have in common? All of them are united by diatomite - a small powder from the fossilized remains of microscopic fossil algae. "Site" He will tell you about the amazing properties of mountain flour and give you ten reasons to get acquainted with this universal natural substance.

Tags

See also

New and interesting