Twenty-year-old son wants to move in with a bride who is 9 years older

What do you think, age difference Does it matter? Although this topic is as old as the world, society is still divided into 2 camps. True love knows no limitations. Others are convinced that the relationship is unlikely to work out if one of the partners is much older.

The heroine of our history Natalia Mikhailovna is committed to the 2nd position. However, this is not about a woman’s romance, but about her son in love. What is wrong with young Vadim’s relationship and why his mother opposes them, read more in the article.

Recently, the son said that he wants to live with his girlfriend, whom he proposed. He's 21 and she's 30. Of course, I was shocked by such news and at first thought that Vadim was just joking. But after talking to him, I realized he was serious.

Vadim is studying at the university on a contract. My husband and I are fully supportive, we still give pocket money for personal expenses. I am against my son working part-time because I want him to study well and not be distracted by anything. Until then, he had never had a girlfriend. At least he has never brought a lady into the house.

There's news from the door! Naturally, I began to give Vadim a lot of arguments why you should not have such a relationship. My son didn’t even want to listen to me. My husband decided to let the situation go. He supports me, but he doesn't want to talk to his son. You don’t have to put pressure on him, he will decide everything.

But how can you not push, sorry? Vadim is very young and does not understand what he is doing. I also found out what she and her family were doing. She does not work, lives with parents who like to eat a couple of drinks in the evening. I don’t want my child to be in this atmosphere.

So it turns out that they will definitely live with us. But it doesn't make it any easier! I don’t want to be under the same roof as a stranger. Second, I’m afraid to imagine where Vadim’s studies will go when he spends the night with a young lady every day.

In general, neither calm conversations nor my swearing led to anything. Recently, Vadim invited his girlfriend to meet us, and I once again convinced myself that I was right. Quiet, downtrodden, afraid to speak. I spent the whole evening picking up my tea and didn’t want to talk about myself. He seems to feel that the situation itself is as embarrassing as possible.

Does she not understand that Vadim needs to date one-year-old? And she would rather find herself some adult and wealthy man. What can I take from my son? A student who is just building his future. I'm afraid that if they start living with us, it will end up with the son just dropping out of school and going to work.

I don't know what to do. It is useless to talk with Vadim, and the husband believes that they will come to their senses when they live together for at least a week. Maybe I should meet this young lady again and talk her out of doing something rash?

Mothers tend to worry about their children even when they have grown up. But don’t forget how important it is to learn from your mistakes. The union of Vadim and his girlfriend can develop successfully, and the couple will eventually get married. And perhaps Natalia Mikhailovna is right. One way or another, it is wrong for her to cut down any attempts of her son to become happy.

In the place of the main character, I would talk to my son in a different way. He must understand that Living with a girl is a big responsibility. On one love you will not go far: you need to provide for yourself, build a common life and so on. Is the 21-year-old ready for this change?

What advice can you give Natalia Mikhailovna? Do you think the age difference between marriage and relationships is a problem? Boldly share your thoughts in the comments!

Tags

See also

New and interesting