Modern actors who tempered the character with sports

Some say that there is nothing in common between sports and cinema. But this is not true, because to succeed in sports or film, you need to be disciplined and be able to work hard. It is not surprising that some contemporary Russian actors They achieved success in both sports and cinema.

Of course, such sports actors as Arnold Schwarzenegger, Chuck Norris or Vinnie Jones are known all over the world. But among the actors in the post-Soviet space there are many former athletes. Although often film lovers do not suspect that their favorite celebrity in the past professionally engaged in sports and achieved great success in this business.

Modern Russian actors
  1. Maria Kozhevnikova
    The cute blonde, who became very popular after filming the comedy series “Univer”, has already managed to work even as a deputy. Therefore, he can rightly call himself a public figure and a politician. And long before all this, Maria also became a master of sports in rhythmic gymnastics. Although she studied more because of the desire of her parents than of her own will. Now he continues to play sports, but just to keep himself in good shape.

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by Kozhevnikova Maria (@mkozhevnikova)

2. Andrei Sviridov
    If we started with the actress “Univera”, then it is worth noting another participant in this project. The guard Gena impressed viewers with his huge height (212 cm). Although it’s easy to imagine him in the ring, he’s actually been playing basketball since he was 5. He became a master of sports, was a member of the Belarusian national team, became the champion of Europe. Because of the injury, Andrei had to quit basketball at the age of 25. But he found himself in the movies and now regularly appears on the screen. View this post on Instagram

A post shared by Andrei Sviridov/AndreiSviridov (@sviridov_andrei)

3. Christina Asmus
    Christina hated gymnastics, but from the age of 5 she was engaged in this sport. How so? All in order to please demanding parents who are determined to raise a champion. “Eating was allowed only with air. No weekends and holidays, no walks in the yard and other childhood joys. Even though I didn't even like it. I hated the hall. I was just waiting for it to be over, Kristina later recalled.

However, the sport tempered the character of the girl. When she achieved the title of candidate for master of sports, she decided that she had enough. I talked to my parents and insisted that I go to the theater. But the younger sister of the actress Karina achieved even greater heights in gymnastics, becoming vice-champion of Europe in 2008.

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by Asmus Kristina (@asmuskristina)

Who else could become famous in sports? Nikita Panfilov
Nikita liked the theater since childhood, but at the same time he could become a famous athlete. The capital boy was actively engaged in Greco-Roman wrestling and before the 8th grade managed to become a master of sports, and also entered the Olympic reserve of the youth team. Nikita won a lot of competitions, but constant bruises, injuries and exhausting training over time he got tired. So he decided to leave the sport. View this post on Instagram

A post shared by Nikita Panfilov (@panfilov_nikita)

Ekaterina Vilkova
As a child, her parents gave her to rhythmic gymnastics, and in this case Catherine was quite successful. She even managed to get the title of a candidate for master of sports. However, the continuation of a sports career did not work. But during the summer holidays in the camp, the girl got into a drama circle and became seriously interested in the theater. This was the beginning of her acting career. View this post on Instagram

A post shared by Ekaterina Vilkova (@oldkavilochka)

Anna Semenovich
Young people may not know that this bright actress, TV presenter and singer at one time was a famous figure skater. She received the title of master of sports of international class in figure skating. However, after the meniscus injury, the sport had to be tied up. But before the spectacular young lady opened up new opportunities. View this post on Instagram

A post shared by Anna Semenovich (@ann_semenovich)

Roman Kurtsyn
Already from the first grade he went to all sorts of clubs and sections. As a result, even for school lessons Roman did not have time. At the age of 16, he became interested in arm wrestling, and a year later he became the champion of Russia, received the title of master of sports. A couple of years ago he became a master of sports in karate. He continues to train actively. And from the appearance of this actor, it is immediately clear that he is clearly friends with sports. View this post on Instagram

A post shared by Kurtsyn Roman (@kurtsyn_roman)

Of course, all athletes cannot be placed in one article. Therefore, write in the comments who we did not remember today and what other Russian contemporary actors deserve special attention. And tell me, the sports success of which actor (or actress) was a surprise to you.

Tags

See also

New and interesting