How a schoolteacher worked as a cook for 10 years serving her daughter-in-law

Where mothers can lead to selfless love for children and why it is important for every woman to learn to live for herself – that is what our story is about today.

We will be grateful if you share your thoughts on this topic in the comments!

The other day accidentally crossed paths with his favorite school teacher. They began to ask each other how life has changed in all those years that have not seen each other.

Natalia Pavlovna said that after my graduation, she worked at school for another five years, and then retired. I was glad that our bee-worker finally learned to rest.

And then it turned out that after retirement, she had to work no less. Not at school, but at my son’s house.

I cooked and cleaned, and looked after my granddaughter. It was all on me. The son worked late, and the daughter-in-law constantly went to fitness, then to dance after work. They did not want to hire a nanny, they say, it is better to let the money remain in the family. How I need - so I can take, and look after the baby should not be a burden to my own grandmother.

And my grandson, Seryozhka, I really love. Ever since he was born, he has had no soul in him. I didn’t miss it until fourth grade. I took him to school and took him home from school. Feeding, teaching. In general, all my time was occupied by one Seryozhny.

And one day I woke up, looked around and realized that this was not my thing. It's time to know. It was a sunny Saturday afternoon. Seryozhka ran away to play football with the guys, my son and daughter-in-law got out to the movies, and I again had to deal with laundry, cooking and floor washing. And I was so sad about it...

I decided to move out. I packed up, waited for the kids to come back, explained everything and left. My son, of course, urged me to stay. But I decided it was time to change something.

They are used to everything being ready for their arrival. I know I let myself get used to it. But it is time to live for yourself, said Natalia Pavlovna. That's why we said goodbye.

Such a story is not uncommon. Parents often neglect personal happiness for the sake of their children. How much do you think that's right?

Tags

See also

New and interesting