What do Parisian women wear at home?

Beautiful home clothes are a new dress code. Everyone stayed at home and sighed sadly, looking at the spring coat, which this year is unlikely to be worn. Although I think the French ladies are different.

Today we are not talking about isolation, but about clothing. In particular, the home clothes of French women. Editorial "Site" We'll tell them what they wear at home and we'll figure out why the robe is more common for our women.

We don’t want to worry, let’s start with the answer. French women, like many other Europeans, wear the same clothes at home as they do on the street. They have no such thing as home clothes. They don’t dress at home in a special way. Of course, they do not stand at the stove in silks and couture clothes. But in simple street clothes - quite. This is the main difference from our habits.

Where did the “home clothes” phenomenon come from? It originated in Eastern Europe. And that's because they kept their clothes out, so they changed their clothes. In addition, street clothes could hardly be called comfortable. Oh, definitely not skinny T-shirts. I think that's how this love for robes came about.

A robe is an invariable attribute of Tyag’s home clothes to robes, like Slavic longing, ours. The first robes in Russia brought Peter I. He loved when everything was expensive. In Soviet times, robes began to sew from simple fabrics and they turned into a mandatory attribute of a housewife. And there is nothing surprising here, the thing is really practical and convenient.

Of course, French women have a robe in their wardrobe. Not to wear it all weekend, but for the morning toilet. For them it is a very delicate item of clothing, akin to underwear. And good to run from the bedroom to the bathroom in the morning. He replaced almost any home clothes.

Whether home clothes should be beautiful is a good question. Somehow it so happened that we used to walk at home or in old things, or in robes and sweatshirts. On the one hand, it seems unaesthetic. You don’t have to look like you’re at home. On the other hand, it's my home. I want comfort and comfort, so I will wear what I want.

I think both of these views are correct. It would be ideal if you could find a middle ground. I'm not saying that we should adopt from French women the habit of going home in the same way as in the street. However, the approach to the beauty of home clothes is definitely worth reviewing. What do you think? What do you wear at home?

Tags

See also

New and interesting