How to behave if the parents of the husband fixated on food

Fitness trainers, doctors, slim girls and even a physical education teacher knows: You can't eat too much. Fatty, sweet and floury. It destroys your metabolism, adds centimeters to your waist, causes shortness of breath and just visually makes you less attractive. But who listens to them when, after work, the appetite will play out?

And if no joke, the problem of excess weight in most cases is solvable. You just need to show great willpower and give up old habits. Our reader’s problem lies precisely in the lack of desire of the husband to change himself. Is she or her husband old enough to choose his own diet?

Our family, thank God, is doing well in material terms. Thanks to my husband. I'm on maternity leave now, watching our baby. But there is one problem: the husband can not lose weight.

Despite its height (about 180 cm), its weight "flew" far beyond the centner. Sasha was always tight. This is the kind of man I met four years ago. To tell the truth, he was courting very correctly, romantic and witty, just giving me gifts. I couldn’t take him seriously because of his weight.

My mother gave me to dance at age 6, and then genetically I am more inclined to eat little. His father worked all his life physically and even now he looks very good, because he likes active recreation: hiking in the mountains, the forest, fishing with friends. I am used to this kind of circle of people.

So when Alexander first invited me to his house to meet my parents and sister, I was a little skeptical. But only a little. And it was much more serious. His family, beautiful people, all had extra pounds. Sasha warned that it would be just a small gathering with the family, but on the table I saw the amount of food that would be enough for a regiment of soldiers. I wish I had.

In addition to home-cooked food, which Sasha’s mother, I’m sure, cooked for several days, several more portions of pizza, kebab and god knows what else were ordered. I didn’t want to look like a prude and eat one salad, but I just didn’t fit such portions, albeit delicious, but extremely fatty food. And my future relatives would weave her in silence and with pleasure.

After that, I decided that I would try to overhaul my husband’s diet at least partially. I knew that he would not be a slim handsome man, but it is possible to reduce his clothes by at least a few sizes. The first kilograms go away very quickly.

We started living together, and I cooked for him. She replaced mayonnaise with Greek yogurt. Cut the portion sizes. I tried to cook not in oil, but in the oven. And cut back a little bit on sugar and bread. At first Sasha resisted, but then kind of accepted his fate. I even dropped a little.

After the wedding, my efforts continued, but my husband was much more active in protesting against my cooking. He wanted more fatty, high-calorie food. Then I said that to conceive a child, he must be in the best shape possible, because excess weight can affect the health of the fetus. And he listened: he really began to take care of himself, even signed up for the pool.

And what a surprise I was when I found out I was already in Week 6. I still have no idea how it happened. Sasha naturally relaxed. He stopped going to the pool, ate as much as he wanted, and started making delivery orders for work. He began to live like before he met me.

Lately, I've been suspecting that he's also visiting his parents. He used to drag me to visit them all the time, talk to my mom on the phone for hours and so on. Now he has no such desire, and his mother-in-law does not call. Libra shows sad numbers, and I get depressed.

I'm even thinking about getting divorced. I don’t want to know that my husband has health problems due to overeating. Or that he and his mother will feed our baby to the state of a balloon. Well, as a man, I'm sorry, he attracts me less and less. What do I do? Please help me.

The problem of excess weight is one of the problems of the XXI century. It's not that easy to solve. Some are looking for recipes for proper nutrition and try to choose the most delicious options. Some go to psychologists or to the sports field. In any case, we advise you to talk to your husband, and the conversation should be long. Until there's a compromise. But to destroy the family because of this in any case can not.

Tags

See also

New and interesting