My husband was laughed at at at a man’s job, so he stopped giving me his salary.

What are functions of the family budget? Of course, accounting for family expenses for a month or a year. At the same time, the person who leads them should understand how to save on a particular product, service, and so on. In Europe, for example, it is accepted that both spouses do this. Since both husband and wife work there, and children are raised as much as possible.

In our families, historically, the wife is in charge of the budget, as she does most of the shopping for the house. Although young people are gradually moving to the European model of financial accounting and in this regard, there are some problems and misunderstandings. What about your family, dear reader?

From the very beginning of our marriage, my husband and I had an agreement: I handle the family budget. Then and now my husband made more money than me. It is understandable: he has a higher education, a savvy language and, in the end, he is a man. I knew that perfectly well. But at the same time, he did not know how to manage money. It could have cost us a lot of money in just a few days.

In the 7 years we were married, we had different times. Good and bad, loss of business and a new, high-paying job. The birth of a baby. All this time I was deciding what to buy and what not to buy. This includes not only some big expenses, but also banal trips to the store. You see, I remember perfectly well where the promotion will be held and what discount should be this week or next week for the goods I am interested in.

When my husband and I were dating, I noticed that his spending was prohibitive. Yes, I was pleased to be cared for, bought me not cheap things and taken to good places. But I saw that my then-young man didn't look after his wallet at all. And I decided that when we got married, it wouldn't work.

You know, we've been on our own all our lives. We have never had rich relatives or powerful friends. We didn't win the lottery and the money from the sky didn't fall on us. My husband’s business ideas are what feeds us. Of course, I also contribute, but this is very little, against the general background of course.

So, after we talked, my husband brought me his salary. Please don't think this is humiliating. Just normal family arrangements. Anyway, shopping and making plans for the month is also a job, believe me. And although I climbed this embrasure myself, sometimes I wanted some help from my man. And she should never have. But I'm used to it.

Well, just recently, literally a week ago, it would have been a regular payday. We used to celebrate this business: we took our son with us and went shopping, buying something tasty. As always, I made an approximate budget, so I knew that everything was normal and today you can not save much.

We're used to cash. Cards, especially for me, cause wild fear: get lost, break, hit the ATM, hack scammers. She's got all our savings on her! I like living money better. And now, I am in the usual expectation of a certain (how much I will not say) amount of money, and my husband is silent. We went to the supermarkets, bought everything, but my husband paid for it. I was silent.

It wasn’t until we got home and put the baby to bed that we had a conversation. It turned out that he remembered everything about our agreement. I just didn't want to stick to her terms anymore. You see, that's how he stopped feeling like a man. But he used to feel great! I went shopping, and he came to do all the cooking.

I even started to think he needed the money because he had another woman. I got better after the birth and never got in shape. Otherwise, why all this circus? My husband says it's different and what I'm making up. Says his colleagues, when they found out that he was carrying all the money to his wife, they began to tease him, laugh at him. Like he's a hen heel and he's afraid of his wife. But that's not true.

I don’t know how we will live this month. I saved some money, but it is, in fact, a penny: everything was spent on the family. And knowing my husband, I am sure that soon we will have in the house useless things that he liked on the Internet, and in a week we will eat one boiled potatoes, without salt. Can you tell me how to calm him down? After all, he is with his family, we need to think about others.

Very interesting story from the family life. It seems to us that only a conversation between a woman and a man will save the situation. That's the only way to figure out what to do. No screaming or scandal, family. Although, probably, our readers will have their own view on the solution of such an ambiguous problem.

Tags

See also

New and interesting