My grandmother told me not to throw away old hats because she made them look great.

The other day I was going to get rid of old things. Before this year, 3 years did not disassemble the cabinet. During this time, a whole bunch of unnecessary rags have accumulated there. Mimoletom mentioned her intentions to her grandmother, and she said: “Don’t throw things away, but rather bring me, I will give them a new life.” Of course, I was surprised, because I did not understand what can be made of old hats or jumpers and how to ennoble them. But then my grandmother showed me a video of Katherine Silver making beautiful mats, and I got really excited about making things.

Today's edition. "Site" And I'm going to share with you instructions on how to make this wonderful mat. And at the end of the article, you already have a video from the author of the idea.

What to make out of old hats
  1. To create such a wonderful mat, as in the photo above, we will need these fabric harnesses. It's very easy to make them. Show me how.

2. The hat needs to be ripped open first. And from the resulting piece of fabric cut strips up to 4 cm wide. Then we twist the strips into flagella and sew a thread under the color of the fabric.

3. Then we cut off a small piece of the finished flagellum and fold it into a ring, after which we fix the ends with a thread. This will be the middle of our mat. Then we tie the resulting ring with a hook.

4. Then we measure how much tourniquet is needed for the next segment, wrapping it around the first one, and again sew the ring from the tourniquet segment, but this time it is more.

5. Now we tie the second ring around the first.

6. And continue the same procedures, making rings more and more. If the flagella are too short for the next layers, simply sew them together.

By the way, such a mat can be made not only from hats, but also from any other unnecessary things. A clear example of the whole process can be seen on the channel of the charming Catherine Silver.

https://www.youtube.com/watch? v=YEP_99q3OJ0

Share in the comments impressions of the process of creating this beauty, look forward to the feedback! Would you like to find more of these instructions on our website? Don't hesitate to report it, too!

Tags

See also

New and interesting