The bitter lot of the bride whose father married a neighbor

Raising a small daughter alone is very difficult when you need to rebuild the house and get back on your feet. Today we will tell the story of a single father who married his daughter to a good neighbor. Sometimes real life presents such blows of fate that you will not read about it in any book.

My daughter and I never talked about the worst day of her life. Our house burned down that day. Vera was sleeping sweetly in her crib when my wife went to the farm, I was working at a construction site. When I came back, there was a crowd of people in the yard trying to put out the fire. Vera woke up in the hospital and immediately asked, “Where is Mom?” – I couldn’t help but cry, replying that my mom would now be watching us from heaven.

Our house burned to the ground. The whole village helped us build a new home. For the rest of my life, I will be grateful to my neighbor Taras. He took my daughter out of a burning house, borrowed a lot of money, and sheltered us while we were building. A year later we moved to a new house, Verochka was happy that she now has her own room, and this joy was transmitted to me.

I could not recover from what happened. I blamed myself all the time, thinking it would be better if it was me and not my wife. Now I had to be both a father and a mother to my daughter. I hoped that everything would be fine, gradually everything fell into place. I was worried about the debt I owed my neighbor. Taras assured me that I could take my time, no one was safe from this.

I had a stroke later at work. I was in the hospital while Verochka was carrying me transmissions. She grew up a real beauty and a very kind girl. Vera entered the correspondence department at the institute to look after me at home. Thanks to Vera, I quickly got back on my feet, started repairing the house.”

A neighbor’s visit, Taras visited me one day. Vera politely left us alone and went to sculpt cherry dumplings. “Your faith is good, and you are like a cherry,” the neighbor suddenly said. I sighed and understood what Taras had come to talk about. I'm not talking about the daughter. And he says to me, ‘You don’t think so, just about her. I should marry my son, he is very in love with Verochka, but he is very shy. You could talk to your daughter and forget your debt.

It wasn't easy for Vera to listen to it, she kept lamenting that I wanted to sell her. Especially since she has a boyfriend and loves him very much. The neighbor’s son, Andrei, is a very smart guy, he is kind and hardworking, only 13 years older than Vera. Vera is a very good daughter, she knew how much I had to go through, to my surprise she agreed to the wedding.

When the young people walked to the altar, people could not believe that the groom Andrew and not beloved Igor. Andrew was a very caring husband and courteous son-in-law. A cute couple, I couldn't be happy. Only Vera, no matter how she tried to be happy, she could not deceive herself. She really missed Igor. Later it turned out that she secretly saw him at her friend's. In the evening I lied to Andrey that they were detained at work. He certainly did. And when she came home tired, Andrew cooked her dinner.

Andrey was already at the age when it was time to have children. He did not insist, but told Vera that it would be good to have a child. She did not refuse, but did not give birth in a hurry. After trembling meetings with Igor, Vera found out that she was pregnant with him. She was so happy when she told her boyfriend they were having a baby. Only Igor did not share her joy. He said that he was dating another woman and was going to marry her: “You should have told your husband that the baby was his.”

In tears, Vera told Andrew everything. He just quietly packed his things and left. I knew my daughter had done the wrong thing, but then she needed support. When it came time to give birth, she lay in the hospital and watched out the window as other women go out to their happy husbands with a baby.

It was very difficult for her, but when she saw her young son, she realized that there was someone to live for. When she was discharged from the hospital, they said there was a handsome husband waiting downstairs. “You must have been wrong,” he says. And then she came out of the hospital with a small package and burst into tears. In front of her stood Andrew in a beautiful suit with a bouquet of chamomiles. Embarrassed, he took the bundle out of her hand and said affectionately: “Very, get in the car, your son already wants to go home.”

Two years later, they had a daughter. I became the happiest grandfather on earth. My son-in-law was right, and Vera thanks me to this day. A spark appeared in her eyes, now she does not depart from Andrew a step.

Tags

See also

New and interesting