The recommendation of the nanny that was able to wean the four-year-old from the nipple without problems

Young mothers constantly have to face many difficult tasks in the process of raising their babies. What is only necessary to wean a child from the nipple, when every attempt to do this invariably ends in tearful hysteria of a dissatisfied offspring! This is exactly the problem that my close friend Nastya faced. On how to solve it, she learned from the publication, which shared on his page in Facebook, the famous psychologist Mikhail Labkovsky.

Today about detailed recommendations that facilitate the upbringing of children? we decided to tell you. We hope to see in the comments feedback on whether this information was useful to you. In the meantime, we share the experience of Anastasia.

How to wean a child from the nipple “The other day my mother-in-law came to us with Bones.” The visit was sudden, but pleasant, so everything was quiet. But it was so exactly until her mother saw that her four-year-old grandson Vadim was reaching for her beloved empty space. So the family evening sharply turned into a difficult test, for which Bones and I were completely unprepared.

In every possible way, my dearest mother-in-law made it clear what a worthless parent we are. Finally, Kostina’s mother told us a terrible story about her friend’s son. If you briefly summarize its essence, it will sound something like this: “Voloda is now 34 years old, and the pernicious habit of sucking a dummy before bed has remained with him to this day. And all because his parents did not wean him from this ritual in time.

Leaving me and my husband in complete shock, the mother-in-law with a sense of accomplishment went home. We, a little calmed down and pulled ourselves together, began to scour the Internet in search of information on how to properly wean a child from the nipple, if it is still an important attribute for him. So I came across the publication of Mikhail Labkovsky, said Nastya.

The main tips that helped her cope with a difficult situation, you can read below.

Usually, the need for a dummy under 3 years disappears in children by itself. But do not panic if this does not happen to the child at this age. In this case, the first thing you need to analyze the behavior of the child and understand what function the dummy plays in his life at the moment.

Most often, after 2 years, those children who are often under stress resort to sucking pacifiers. Stress can be caused by early weaning, physical punishment for bad behavior, or quarrels between parents. In such cases, the nipple helps the baby to reduce increased anxiety and calm down. Therefore, in no case should you scold the child for this or resort to aggressive methods of weaning.

Teaching a child to replace this ritual with something else should be gradual and gentle. First, you need to show your child alternative ways to calm down. The next time a distressed child reaches for a pacifier, offer him a hug or an entertaining game instead. Try to unobtrusively shift the attention of the child.

An effective way of weaning from the nipple will also be a farewell ritual held with the child. However, it should be carried out only if the child himself agrees to it. In advance, you should talk to your son or daughter about the fact that after this ritual, the opportunity to return the pacifier will no longer be.

Tags

See also

New and interesting