Are fairy tales about the paradise of European pensioners

The richest countries in the world, almost everyone can afford it. standard of living. And even unemployed pensioners can afford to travel abroad or travel around their home country. But are they doing so smoothly and well?

It turns out that even the average pensioner from Germany (with an honest working life pension of almost 1000 euros) has enough problems. And his utility bills can sometimes easily exceed this seemingly impressive amount. And in order to survive, he literally has to save on everything.

When people from the post-Soviet space are envious of European pensioners, they are actually envious of a fairy tale that they themselves invented. Pensioners from Europe spend time in resorts to survive. This is because they are cheaper than living at home and paying huge bills for communal housing, Leonid writes.

“At the age of 58, it is too early for me to expect retirement. According to German law, I am 66 years and 8 months old. In my 30 years and 7 months of experience, which I will have by then, I will only be able to count on 832 euros and 88 cents of pension. It's not much or little. Just about the national average.”

“But that is not enough for a normal life. Just don't think I'm overzealous. After all, even for the communal apartment in a three-room apartment you have to pay up to 700 euros per month. Electricity costs 110 euros per month. I do not use any boilers or heaters.”

Knowing that one pension is not enough, I also issued a voluntary funded pension insurance. And I regularly give 140 euros of my salary there every month. Reluctance, but what can you do, the man laments.

In fact, not all pensioners are in developed European countries They live well. Those who were unable for some reason to acquire their own housing, forced to rent and give away most of their income.

Expensive and communal, and health insurance, and food. It is important to mention that there are no special discounts and benefits for pensioners. Even public transport is paid in full. It is subject to income tax and the pension itself.

And although European pensioners do not bathe in luxury, most still manage to maintain a decent standard of living. How do the same Germans do that?

It is worth mentioning the financial literacy of the population. People are accustomed not only to carefully monitor their income and expenses, but also from a young age to take care of their future. They work with proven insurance companies, invest money in business, create savings.

Already decades before retirement, a person understands what payments from the state are due to him and at what age. He also knows how much he can count on his savings.

This allows him to plan his future and the future of his family. After all, thanks to the same insurance programs, even if something happens to a person, his relatives will not be left without livelihood.

In our country, the amount of pension a person often learns, having already received the first payment. And only then he turns to the pension fund with claims, when the amount relied on from the state became an unpleasant surprise for the newly minted pensioner.

The proper construction of their finances really allows many European pensioners Feel confident at the end of your life. Often there is money for expensive purchases, gifts for grandchildren, and for foreign travel. Although for this, a person could systematically save money for decades.

The state really helps the poor and those who could not or could not take care of their future. But it's only about basic things like nutrition or medicine. Therefore, do not believe in the invented fairy tale that in developed countries all pensioners live happily. Only those who manage to take care of their future in time live well.

Tags

See also

New and interesting