Why did the mother refuse to go to work in Italy to help her own daughter and granddaughter?

Loving parents are always ready to help their child. Even if he is already quite adult and independent. However, some young people not only do not refuse help, but they themselves demand to be helped. In our today's story, my daughter has even found a job in Italy for her retired mother, if only the elderly woman could "bring more benefit."

Work in Italy “My Ana is 33 years old, lives separately. She is raising a daughter, but she divorced her husband, so she has to carry everything on her own. But what is there to complain about, because in our time, many live like that. I myself raised her to her feet without her husband, disappeared for days at work, ”says Tamara.

“The problem is that I recently retired, but my daughter still counts on my help, including financial. But how can I help her with my current income? "

“I understand that it is difficult for her, it is not easy for her to keep up with everything. And I love my granddaughter madly. But I have nowhere to get the money. It’s not always possible for me to make ends meet. Sometimes I myself am looking for someone to borrow from. But the daughter does not understand this or does not want to understand. He is also endlessly offended. She says that I am indifferent to her problems. "

“Over the past year, I don’t remember a single meeting where she didn’t complain that there was no money. Her salary is not enough. And somehow she told me at all that I did not give money for the reason that I was saving up for a better life. She said so! Can you imagine? "

“Probably, he thinks that I am saving millions here from my pension in order to live in my old age at my pleasure. Why is there so much naivety in her ?! " - the elderly woman is surprised.

Unexpected offer “We haven't seen each other for a while. And yesterday Anya called with an unexpected proposal. She said that her friend's mother has been living and working in Italy for 10 years. Earns well and helps her daughter. Recently they even managed to buy an apartment ”.

“So Anya thought of asking her friend so that her mother could find me a job. Like, I'll go, get a job and earn good money. And that's enough for me, and for my daughter. And she will also rent my apartment ”.

“I, of course, turned down this outrageous offer. And, to be honest, it's scary to go so far to work in my years. Retired girlfriends are sitting at home, and I will rush to some kind of Italy? "

“The daughter was expectedly offended and hung up. And now I keep wondering why she is so dependent. Everything is hoping for someone, everything is waiting for help from others. "

“I want to explain everything to her calmly, and keep the relationship good. I always believed that children should help their parents in old age, but in life it turns out the opposite. And I want to help, and I don’t know how ... ”- complains Tamara.

It's bad that at 33, Anya never became an independent woman. Perhaps she should find a better-paying job or seek her fortune abroad herself. Indeed, in the same Italy, it would probably be easier for her to adapt than a retired mother. And for Anya herself, it would be, perhaps, a good experience. Or maybe Tamara should still give in to her daughter's persuasion?

Tags

See also

New and interesting