Is it worth saving on children to buy parents a new gas boiler?

The famous quote of Leo Tolstoy: “All happy families are happy in the same way, each unhappy family is unhappy in its own way” is perhaps the most successful thesis to the history that we want to share today. What is the main problem of helping parents and how to solve it? That's the editorial. "Site" suggests we discuss it.

For some, the main problem with helping parents is that they stubbornly don’t want to take it. For others, it is that you have to choose between the well-being of your parents and your own, or even your children. The heroes of our story had to face the second problem.

I wonder what decision they made? Let's find out soon!

Six months ago, the parents decided to move away from us and live separately outside the city. For me, their decision was incomprehensible, because before everyone was satisfied with joint farming.

Our apartment is quite large, so everyone has enough personal space. Before the quarantine, we barely crossed paths in a day. My husband and I are always at work and the kids are at school. So that older parents could enjoy peace and quiet all day long. In the evening, we all sat down together for dinner and discussed the events of the past day.

When the dimension of our lives violated self-isolation, the mother-in-law became irritable and constantly dissatisfied. Everything began to interfere with her: her grandchildren, me, and even her beloved son. And the father-in-law could not calmly watch his beloved wife suffer. So he offered her to move to a country house that he inherited from his father.

The only problem was that the house was not very suitable for living. Especially in winter. There was no heating or water supply. So my husband and I had to take out a large loan to arrange a parental housing.

We still haven't fully paid the debt. Recently, my husband gave me a choice: take out another loan or give up tutoring for children to install a new boiler for their parents, because they broke down, and on their pension they can not afford such a large purchase.

Of course, I agreed to a new loan because I don’t know how to save on my own children. We've always helped his family. Somehow my parents don’t need our help. But for the sake of the husband’s parents, we must deprive our son and daughter of a good education! I really don’t understand my husband’s position.

Tags

See also

New and interesting