Adult children who seek help and money without end

Some parents dream of living under the same roof with their offspring until old age. Others believe that living with adult children in the same house is not the best idea. Especially when children have their own families. Today’s history is a vivid example of this.

Some people are afraid of retirement, but my husband and I happily accepted such changes in life. And how can we not be happy with the fact that now we can finally devote all the time to our loved ones?

Over many years of hard work, my husband and I have managed to save a decent amount of money. When we were young, we kept saving and saving money. Of course, it was tempting to spend everything at once. But we knew that if we waited, we could enjoy the results of our work a little later.

A few months ago, our efforts finally paid off. My husband and I went on a trip for the first time. We visited the Cote d'Azur, indulged in foreign culinary delights and generally had a great rest. And returning home, we could not imagine how rudely our own daughter would meet us.

My daughter and my son-in-law live in our house. Her older brother immediately after graduation moved to work and live in Italy. But my daughter’s life was not so colorful. Early pregnancy and marriage prevented you from finishing your studies, and therefore there was no question of a career abroad.

Although the son-in-law is not bad, he is not yet able to provide his wife and children with everything necessary, so we volunteered to help the young family and sheltered them in our house. Everything was fine at first. My daughter helped me keep my life in order, and I looked after my grandchildren from time to time so that the young could go out together and devote time to each other.

It seemed like everyone was okay. But over time, the daughter began to behave defiantly and just climbed out on my father’s head. Rare requests to borrow money turned into constant complaints and reproaches.

The last fight I had really hurt me. After my husband and I returned from vacation, my daughter began to make scandals every day. They say that their loans are not closed, and my father and I are going to the resorts.

This behavior of my daughter is very upsetting. Some parents of retirement age refuse to live with their children and help them. We gave our daughter a roof over her head and supported her in every way possible.

Since the last scandal, I've decided not to borrow my daughter's money anymore. After all, my husband and I deserved to be able to take care of ourselves in old age.

We raised our children and provided them with everything they needed to this day. Can we ask for more from us?

Tags

See also

New and interesting