How old Tajik taught me the wise lesson of my life

Decided my father to dismantle the Foundation of the old house remaining on the site. And since age is not allowed to do it myself, he hired a team of Tajiks. And so I came once for a visit and saw that the workers somehow are reluctant to engage in heavy physical labor. Their foreman — a man of about fifty boys were busting with a sledgehammer the Foundation, and the rest dragged the stones to the bin.

— Dad, why are your employees any lingering? You're not paying them? — I said to dad.

— Why not cry? Pay, of course. They money for the amount of work you get, not the time.

— Well, would work hard, staring, and finished quickly. What time to pull?

The son, well if you're so smart, then go and do everything himself.

— Well, go! — inflamed I.

The second I grabbed a sledgehammer and began furiously peck Foundation. In about twenty minutes I managed to break off the same amount of stone as the old man Tajiks.

— Here, dad, look, you can also work faster! I said father, wiping from a forehead sweat acted.

— Well, you see, you see... And what are you doing?

— Now rest and then continue.

Sat, caught his breath, began again with a sledge hammer pounding concrete. This time my forces had ten minutes, and the mountain of stuff has grown quite quickly. At this time, the old Tajik from the other side of the basement still measured tukul with his hammer. I took a break for some time and again for the sledgehammer. All day I was able to perform the same amount of work as the foreman of the Tajiks.

In the evening I was sitting on the bench and couldn't move, his hands did not work, and back were killing me. And the old foreman-Tajik removed all their tools, helped to carry it to the rest of the container with garbage bags, changed into clean clothes and, whistling, went to cook for everyone for dinner.

I'm an old wise Tajik now remember, every time if I have to do some heavy or monotonous work.

via pikabu.ru/story/tyuktyuktyuk_4937394

Tags

See also

New and interesting