Could always be worse: the Power of Gratitude

Could always be worse: the power of gratitude and perspective

"When you Wake up in the morning, think what a precious privilege to be alive – to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love".(Marcus Aurelius)

The other day I crashed into the car of her husband on the way to a meeting. I haven't seen her in the mirrors. It was very dark. I left in front of his car a huge dent. Needless to say, this greatly upset me.

I felt terrible. I really did not notice it. I slowly started to back up, and then... BAM. Oops.

I reluctantly opened the door and looked out of the car to assess the damage. Hmm, the husband is unlikely to be happy about this "surprise".

I imagine it will boil when he finds out about what happened to his car.

In the evening we formed a giant chasm. Where to get money for a franchise [approx. exemption of the insurer from losses not exceeding a certain percentage from the insurance evaluation] and repair? We went to bed in complete silence. In a fit of self-pity and under the yoke of guilt I broke down in tears.

In that period everybody was under a lot of trouble: health problems, broken boiler, power outages, broken car. Right kind of black stripe in life.Why did it happen to us?

Our thoughts have incredible power. They can instantly trigger a chain reaction in a rapid, overwhelming emotions.

The next morning after I crashed into the car her husband, I learned that my friend – a beautiful woman, a good mother and wife died in a car accident a young son. Suddenly all my worries about dents began to seem to me ridiculous.

Once I went through the same thing. I was also a mother whose child died as a result of a terrible accident. Remember how I was lying helpless in the mangled car and called an ambulance. After a moment, my daughter was already away in his car in a trauma center, and I was in the local hospital. It was the last day when we spoke and hugged each other. Since then eight years have passed and it feels like it was yesterday.

My eyes filled with tears. I know how it feels to a mother who recently lost her child. I swallowed the lump that came rushing to my throat after I was flooded with memories of that terrible day when I had an accident with their children.

To know that your beloved child has died is the worst that can be. You covers the hell, paralyzing pain. You feel that you are suffocating. You want to scream in horror and disbelief.

And it can last for months or even years. You are desperately trying to Wake up from this nightmare, but unfortunately, it's not a dream.

My heart ached. Life is unfair did with my friend on that winter morning, taking the baby from her. However, from it nobody is insured. Loss. Mountain. They overtake us at the very moment when we least expect. We fall into the abyss of grief and despair. And then what?

When you are haunted by stress, tension and difficulties of life, stop and start looking for gratitude. Thank the Universe at least for the fact that you are alive.

Because a machine that is broken, can be fixed. Because you do have a car. Because you have a house, even though he is in need of repair. For work that is heavy but allows you to pay the bills. For your child, which can be obnoxious sometimes, but growing strong personality. During the day he was born.

Locate the term. Take it. Try to see the miracle and don't lose hope that tomorrow will only get better.

Appreciate what you can see all the colours of the sunset. Appreciate the fact that you can hear the beautiful singing of birds. Appreciate what you have the opportunity to make a snowman with your child.

Unfortunately, many of us understand something only when their lives are a tragedy happens. Daily challenges are oppressed, however, there is always someone who has worse than you. You have a broken machine, and someone is grieving because lost a piece of himself and now trying to fill the void created in the depths of the soul.

So, try it with me.

Break away from their cases. Take a step back and imagine yourself in the place of another person who faced the loss of loved ones. Perhaps you will hardly be able to understand it, but be aware of loss and of deep grief that he is now experiencing. It's not easy.

Take a deep breath, soaking up the rays of the sun. Remember: there are many people who will be incredibly grateful for what you already have.

All the problems that you face, is negligible. Give thanks for the gifts that the universe presents to you. Don't take them for granted. published

@ Daphne Greer

P. S. And remember, just changing your mind - together we change the world! ©

Source: muz4in.net/news/vsegda_mozhet_byt_khuzhe_sila_blagodarnosti_i_perspektivy/2017-03-19-42852

Tags

See also

New and interesting