That's why we sometimes forget why we came in the other room

Sometimes you have is that you walked into the kitchen with a definite purpose to make a sandwich and came and I forgot about it? And only by returning to the living room, I remembered why I left? Nothing terrible, it turns out, this forgetfulness is a scientific explanation! The website hastens to reassure the reader: the problem is not in you, and in... the door!

Recently, American psychologists have found that when passing through a doorway in consciousness of the person is triggered a specific mechanism. It's called "border events" and works on the principle of separation of one set of our memories from the other.

Through this mechanism, the brain is "send to archive" the thoughts that are born in the brain in the previous location, making room for new experiences and challenges. "Boundary events" contribute to the fact that we can easily switch to implementation of new business, arranging before and after the received information.

And when we head in a different space (room) triggers this mechanism by sending to "archive" thoughts owned mind just a minute ago. So you can be sure that such memory lapses is not a sign of rapidly approaching old age and senility, but only a small side effect of the brain!

via factroom.ru

Tags

See also

New and interesting