Food violence: a Spoon for mom, spoon for dad!

Spoon for mom, spoon for dad! — these words are very often the cause of serious problems in humans in the future.

People who as children were forced to eat included in the group risk and have high probability to face problems of eating disorders, which are now officially recognized as a disease. The most severe forms of these illnesses are: Anorexia nervosa – refusal to eat, Bulimia, uncontrolled eating and binge – "eating problems."

But despite this huge number of mothers and grandmothers in our country continue to indoctrinate a child soups, cutlets and cooked vegetables.

Feeding often becomes a torture. Reading these lines many of You are wondering:

What to do if a child refuses food?

The only correct decision in this case is "do not feed". Agree that no child in the presence of food did not starve to death.

But this solution breaks all the stereotypes and fierce resistance mothers and grandmothers. The food in the post-Soviet space it is erected in a cult. Food — test of a good mother. The refusal of the child from food — is a blow to the "mom's" self-esteem.

In fact, how it will look in the eyes of relatives, acquaintances. Not a mother, and echidna. And the child becomes an obstacle to excellence.

And to eliminate the obstacle of all good, from threats and blackmail to distortions in trade, in the form of artistic arrangement of food. Everything the child ate and mom was able to put a tick in the box of "I'm a good mom."

The question of use is not worth it at all. Neither my mother nor could I answer the question about the use of roasted cutlets with mashed potatoes, which they cram into their children. So, what to do if a child refuses to eat? Wait until he gets hungry. The child must actively spend time: walking, exercise, play, in other words it needs to spend energy. And it is very important to arrange the correct mode of the day.

100 ways to entertain a child while the mother works

Teach children to dream and not to be afraid of...

Feed the baby what he loves. Let Your house will always be fresh fruits and vegetables, cheese and dairy products, dried fruits and nuts, boiled chicken, whole grain bread and cheese. The child can choose from this set all what he wants and when he wants to. Don't have sweets and chips — hungry toddler will not be able to "intercept" on the run sweet.

And don't ever keep is what he loves. Remember, there are no irreplaceable products, there is an indispensable relationship. published

Author: Natalia Meleshko

Source: psy-practice.com/publications/vzroslye-i-deti/o_pishchevom_nasilii/

Tags

See also

New and interesting