To purchase equipment for winter sports is sometimes difficult, as the range of shops is very large. From that, how much correctly picked up skiing, skating, tubing or snowboarding, depends not only comfort but also the safety of beginners.The website
has prepared for you a few tips on selecting equipment that will help you not to be mistaken with the purchase.
How to choose ski
Length selected on the basis of human growth:
- classic ski, designed for riding on groomed ski tracks, and should be 20-30 cm long;
- the ridge used for the movement of the so-called "Christmas tree" on a level road with no trails, at 10-15;
- combined, suitable for skating and classic, 15-20.
When choosing sticks should also focus on growth of the athlete. Pole for skating should be shorter than 15-20 cm, for classic — 25-30.
In the middle of the ski on the sliding surface has notches that do not allow the snow to adhere to. There are classic skis and sans serif, however, in order not to suffer further with the selection of ski ointments, beginners should not buy such a model.
When choosing skis you need to test for stiffness: stand up on both skis and have someone put them in the curve exercise book.
In a perfect skating skiing it needs to move 15 cm in both directions. For classic and combined ski — to 30 cmSize ski boots should match the feet size.
They should not hold on too loose, but should not compress the foot.
How to choose skates
There are 4 types of skates for different types of riding:
Selection rules for all types of skates are the same:
- Figure, designed to perform a variety of tricks and items, but also suitable for ordinary riding. Shoes these skates are made of hard leather or imitation leather, unlined. He firmly fixes the ankle joint, preventing possible injuries. The blade of a figure skate is rounded on both sides and on the nose has four prongs, is used for braking.
- Pleasure skates. They look similar to the figure, but the shoes a little lower and smoother, and the blades of rounding and missing teeth. These shoes are not designed for jumping, because a soft lock feet are not protected from injury. Recreational skates typically have a liner-insulation.
- Hockey skates are suitable not only for games but for regular riding. Boots have these skates are made from plastic or composite materials, thereby has a much greater stiffness. On the blade is rounded on both sides.
- Skatesdesigned exclusively for professionals involved in skating. Shoes these skates is low, and the blade straight and long.
To try on skates should be the same socks that will be worn for riding.
- Shoes must tightly encircle the foot, and the heel should rest on the heel.
- The size of the skate should be strictly the same size legs.
- While walking shoes should not squeeze the foot. If this happens, try on the skates of the same size, but with a different completeness.
- When bending and squatting shoes should not bend.
The blade should be attached to the Shoe with screws, not rivets. This fixation gives the opportunity to change the blades if they become worthless. The blade itself should be free of cracks, bumps and chips.
How to choose a tubing cheesecake
The tubing is a conventional inner tube, covered with a dense synthetic fabric. However, despite the simplicity of the design, the wrong choice of cheesecake can lead to injury during riding.
To avoid this, when you purchase is necessary to observe a few rules:
Choose the size of the cheesecake should be based on the growth of who will be skating. The external diameter can be from 85 to 125 cm
- The tubing must be handle — check how tight they are sewn on.
- Ask the seller to show the documents to the cheesecake, which indicated the material from which it is made. The best is the top of the reinforced fabric, made of PVC with a density of at least 650 g/m2. The density of the material from which made the bottom should be not less than 900 g/m2.
- Please note what the camera is installed in the tubing. He should choose cheesecake with cameras made in China, as they can explode under heavy loads. To distinguish low-quality camera at the acrid smell of rubber.
- Check the quality of stitches — they should be thick, smooth and reinforced inserts of nylon.
How to choose ski
There are several varieties of skiing that are designed for different types of riding: freeride, downhill, slalom, giant slalom, super-g. However, for the first steps in Alpine skiing is best suitedcarving ski
designed for skiing on-piste.
The first thing to pay attention to the length and width of the ski.
Beginner athlete should look at skis with a slight stiffness.
- Short and narrow skis have good maneuverability and are suitable for skiing on hard snow and rough roads.
- Long and wide skis help develop high-speed and confident to slow down, but to ride they are the best on the wide and smooth road and deep snow.
To correctly select this option, you need to take two skis and fasten them to each other sliding surfaces, and then squeeze in the middle two fingers of one hand. If a small force is sufficient to contact, then these skis will perfectly suit a beginner athlete.
How to choose snowboardingIn contrast to skiing, the size of the snowboard has no direct dependence on growth of the athlete.
The size of the Board is determined on the basis of a person's weight, fitness level and riding style, so each manufacturer has its own table, which specifies the desired size of the Board.
There are several types of snowboards designed for different types of riding.
- Freestylegames. Such snowboards used to perform a variety of tricks, so have the same shape and size front and rear. The stiffness in freestyling.by boards are small, so they are good for beginners. Denoted by the letters FS.
- Carvingused for downhill, slalom and skiing on-piste. To identify these boards is abbreviated FC.
- Frirajderov. Similar snowboards choose athletes skiing on unprepared slopes with deep snow, so they have the largest among all the width and length. Learn Board for freeriding can be the labeling FR.
- Universal, equally suitable for all types of riding. Snowboard of this kind are the letters AM.
Distinguish snowboards and width. The toe must not protrude beyond the edge of the Board more than 2 cm for Those whose Shoe size is longer than the 44, you should select a model that says Wide.
Snowboards vary and the shape of the deflection, each designed for a specific form of skiing
Classic camber (Camber)
. Boards are used for freeriding and carving, and downhill on groomed trails. To hold a snowboard requires a lot of effort, so for learning it is not suitable.
- Reverse camber (Rocker). And the tail and nose of this snowboard are raised, making it the best option for skiing in Boxing and jigging. Board with reverse camber helps the athlete reduce stress when performing tricks and well suited for skiing on loose snow. The snowboard of this type, you should choose beginners.
- Flat camber (Flat). A snowboard with flat camber is used to perform complex stunts, however at speed and when landing they are very unstable. Those who are just mastering snowboarding, the design of this type is not suitable.
- Combined camber (Camber-combination). Boards with hybrid camber are considered universal and suitable for all types of riding, especially for carving and freeriding.
You should pay attention to the weight of the Board. Too heavy snowboarding will not allow you to make jumps. To determine the optimal weight is simple — if the Board is easily lifted by the nose with one hand, then, it is adjusted correctly.Illustrator Natalia Popova
specifically for the WebsiteSee also
How to choose the perfect winter jacket for any weather